Looking for App to find nearby restaurants

Mattx

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have a favorite app for locating nearby restaurants? I travel some and would love to have an app that would find nearby restaurants.

matsat

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I was going to suggest "where" and also, press the search button on your Droid and say "local restaurants" in the microphone, should find you something as well.....just love that feature :D

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yelp has an app, but i think it just takes you to their mobile site.

i agree with the where and plain old google maps search for now

ircactus

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
This tends to be more classy restaurants.

Side note. "And in a metro area". Tried this in a town 15 miles south of Charlotte, NC and bang. All it turns up is places in Charlotte although this town is littered with eateries.

Stick with Where. Least for a local search it just works.

cjohnson481

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
sherpa. its only available on the mytouch, but i can give you a link you to download if you want from a friend. youll have to sync it from your computer.

i have it for my eris and it is awesome.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
with open table (provided you want to spend a little more and are in an area for those restaurants) is you should be able to make reservations and stuff with it too

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
you can do that voice search with a particular type of food too and it should work pretty well (pizza, italian, sushi, etc)

bitman

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have a favorite app for locating nearby restaurants? I travel some and would love to have an app that would find nearby restaurants.

matsat

In Google maps under the search there is a microphone -click on it and say what you are looking for Mc Donalds, restaurants, gas stations etc. You can even be specific about a type of food. Works great, shows you where it is and you can click on the menu icon on the map screen for address and phone number.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes