Separate Email Notifications?

RedSoxGeek

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

Not sure if this is possible or not but I have a number of emails dumping to my phone. Right now I have two different MS Exchange emails going to my phone form different domains and three different Gmail accounts. If I can get what I want working I plan on adding at least 5/6 more email accounts.

The biggest thing I need/want to do is have a separate alert/notification for the two Exchange emails (and ultimatly for Gmail too). I would like to have two different sounds, one for each. When I go into one account and change the notification it changes it for the other. Is there something I am missing here or doing wrong? I pretty new to Android but I work in IT and figuring this stuff out is not much of a learning curve usually.

Thanks in advance
RSG

RedSoxGeek

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the reply... But I don't think I was clear.

I have the accounts setup with out issue, the problem is the notification sounds, text messages, exchange1, and exchange2 all have the same sound. I would like to have the different.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I did understand you but I pretty sure this is the only way your going to get it that way...at least look up the app and see if it can work for you.

RedSoxGeek

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
OK... Sorry, I guess then my question is, does this only work on Gmail? Because that is not really my main concern. The exchange emails need to be different. If I can get them different then I can add additional exchange boxes

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if its only Gmail but all I ask take a look at it from what I heard its a really good app. If you don't have appbrain on your computer and phone I highly recommend because its gives you a full view of all apps and keep list of the app on your device.

RedSoxGeek

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have appbrain and I did look at it but it was not clear on if it only works for gmail. I will download it and see how it works and report back.

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Redsoxgeek I am in a similar boat in what I want with my notifications. I have not found a third party app that has worked.

You can have separate alerts for gmail, email, text nativealy, but multiple emails use same settings.

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
For exchange support, I have read that touchdown is good. I don't have that app but others have said it does a lot for exchange. You might check it out.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am now in the same boat as you guys. Looking for something to seperate my Exchange email, several yahoo mail accts. Its the only thing i really thought the BB had on the android devices is the ability to go into profiles and set individual alert levels and sounds on a per email basis.
I am sure someone will set up a program that will allow this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey