Opera Mobile and Flash Player Question...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I like Opera Mobile. It gives me the most consistent desktop-like experience when browsing.

Last time around on Android, Flash was still available for Opera Mobile (ICS - last browser supporting Flash).

Now on my Nexus 4 I have Opera Mobile 12.1.4... There is no more Flash Player on Google Play (unless I'm missing something?), but if I use OM to go to the install Flash website it says I have Linux 32 bit and Opera Mobile... Is there a way to install one of the variants available for download (YUMM, tar.gz, etc...)???

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
strange. I get flash on opera mobile 12.10

try deleting the app and re-instal it.
did this fix the issue ?

Last edited:

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
if that dose not work then check your flash player settings.

Go: click on the opera logo/options (bottom right) > settings > advanced > adobe flash > click enabled

and your done. :)

hope this helps :)

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
OK, so I like Opera Mobile. It gives me the most consistent desktop-like experience when browsing.

Last time around on Android, Flash was still available for Opera Mobile (ICS - last browser supporting Flash).

Now on my Nexus 4 I have Opera Mobile 12.1.4... There is no more Flash Player on Google Play (unless I'm missing something?), but if I use OM to go to the install Flash website it says I have Linux 32 bit and Opera Mobile... Is there a way to install one of the variants available for download (YUMM, tar.gz, etc...)???

are you still experienceing the problem ?

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes.

To clarify: I'm on the stock Nexus 4 ROM 4.2.2.

I can't get a retro version of Opera Mobile. They have discontinued Flash for Android as of Jelly Bean 4.1 and I'm looking for a workaround...

Other then those two suggestions I don't know what to recommend but perhaps try the Opera mini and beta versions. Have you tried contacting Opera ? To do this click the opera logo at the bottom right > help > report a problem (i know of no other way to contact opera but see what they say.