Anybody tired of the Sense lockscreen?

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I like it a lot, especially in conjunction with Power Strip set up to to the long press search button. Controlling music, podcasts, audible, etc, while locked is awesome.

I do have issues with it though. After its been locked for awhile, it will unlock to an all black screen, and I won't be able to do anything. This could be LauncherPro related, or the quick reply on ChompSMS. I'm not sure...

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does the lock screen engage on an incoming call? In other words, if you phone is locked and a call comes in, do you see the lock screen or just the option to answer or decline the call?

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes its the HTC answer phone slide, and sometimes there's 2 buttons for answer and decline. I prefer the buttons, but both work fine. I just don't especially like the randomness of it.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes its the HTC answer phone slide, and sometimes there's 2 buttons for answer and decline. I prefer the buttons, but both work fine. I just don't especially like the randomness of it.

I've only ever seen the "slide up for decline, down to answer" thing if the phone is locked.

I think the the answer/decline buttons only show up if the phone is active.

At least that's what I've noticed. I've never seen the buttons if the phone is in a locked state.

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've only ever seen the "slide up for decline, down to answer" thing if the phone is locked.

At least that's what I've noticed. I've never seen the buttons if the phone is in a locked state.

That's possible, but I swear I've seen the buttons when I pull it out my pocket...I dunno.

anon(41962)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was getting sick of the sense lockscreen to so I got locker. After froyo I really felt like it was slowing my phone down so I went back to normal I will use it again once they release an update with some sort of speed improvement

doctorx

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

This is the correct behaviour. Mine does the same. Buttons when active, slide down when locked.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been using "No Lock" and it's worked fine. And it allows you to wake up the phone with the volume button, not just the on/off one on top of phone. Download free from Market.

Can do the same with Widget Locker, and it's much more customizable then No Lock.

davegreen

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
This is the correct behaviour. Mine does the same. Buttons when active, slide down when locked.

Do you (or anyone else) know of a way to have the red / green buttons come up even if the screen is locked? Or do I just need to get one of the lock screen disable apps?

Zindoh

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
To me they are two different apps.

Widget Locker just happens to have the no lock feature built into it. Doesn?t Widget Locker allow you to customize the lock screen with widgets as well as access them when the phone lock is on? To where as the No Lock app strictly just removes the lock feature?

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been using this app for a couple of weeks now and absolutely LOVE it. Much better than most other lockscreen replacements (all IMO of course).

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
To me they are two different apps.

Widget Locker just happens to have the no lock feature built into it. Doesn?t Widget Locker allow you to customize the lock screen with widgets as well as access them when the phone lock is on? To where as the No Lock app strictly just removes the lock feature?

Yes with Widget Locker you can add widgets and interact with them. You can also add more sliders to the screen as well. No Lock, and Widget Locker are two completely different programs.

JuniorWWT

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Got Widget Locker after reading this thread and love it. It does cause Sense to reboot once or twice a day, but I still think its great.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a great App but this thread got a little off topic so I split out a few posts into a new thread HERE

I am going to move this thread over to the Apps forum so we can share with all the other Androids...Cool

Later,
Dave

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I wish they had a trial version of WidgetLocker especially since it's so new. I really like trying an app out before I buy it.