Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Default Anybody tired of the Sense lockscreen?

Here ya go.. After using this for awhile, it works fantastic. One thing, if you use lock sounds, you must turn them off in sound settings. Then in the options for Widget Locker you can enable them. Or else it will sound haywire lol.

WidgetLocker Lockscreen - Android app on AppBrain

I just eliminated the lock screen with Lock Delay.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

I like it a lot, especially in conjunction with Power Strip set up to to the long press search button. Controlling music, podcasts, audible, etc, while locked is awesome.

I do have issues with it though. After its been locked for awhile, it will unlock to an all black screen, and I won't be able to do anything. This could be LauncherPro related, or the quick reply on ChompSMS. I'm not sure...

Does the lock screen engage on an incoming call? In other words, if you phone is locked and a call comes in, do you see the lock screen or just the option to answer or decline the call?

Sometimes its the HTC answer phone slide, and sometimes there's 2 buttons for answer and decline. I prefer the buttons, but both work fine. I just don't especially like the randomness of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkAngel06 View Post
    Sometimes its the HTC answer phone slide, and sometimes there's 2 buttons for answer and decline. I prefer the buttons, but both work fine. I just don't especially like the randomness of it.
    I've only ever seen the "slide up for decline, down to answer" thing if the phone is locked.

I think the the answer/decline buttons only show up if the phone is active.

At least that's what I've noticed. I've never seen the buttons if the phone is in a locked state.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    I've only ever seen the "slide up for decline, down to answer" thing if the phone is locked.

At least that's what I've noticed. I've never seen the buttons if the phone is in a locked state.
    That's possible, but I swear I've seen the buttons when I pull it out my pocket...I dunno.

I was getting sick of the sense lockscreen to so I got locker. After froyo I really felt like it was slowing my phone down so I went back to normal I will use it again once they release an update with some sort of speed improvement

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post

This is the correct behaviour. Mine does the same. Buttons when active, slide down when locked.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by Bic View Post
    I've been using "No Lock" and it's worked fine. And it allows you to wake up the phone with the volume button, not just the on/off one on top of phone. Download free from Market.
    Can do the same with Widget Locker, and it's much more customizable then No Lock.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doctorx View Post
    This is the correct behaviour. Mine does the same. Buttons when active, slide down when locked.
    Do you (or anyone else) know of a way to have the red / green buttons come up even if the screen is locked? Or do I just need to get one of the lock screen disable apps?

Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Can do the same with Widget Locker, and it's much more customizable then No Lock.
    just curious, how much customizing does a no lock app need? lol

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

To me they are two different apps.

Widget Locker just happens to have the no lock feature built into it. Doesnt Widget Locker allow you to customize the lock screen with widgets as well as access them when the phone lock is on? To where as the No Lock app strictly just removes the lock feature?

Default Re: Anybody tired of the Sense lockscreen?

I've been using this app for a couple of weeks now and absolutely LOVE it. Much better than most other lockscreen replacements (all IMO of course).

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by zense View Post
    To me they are two different apps.

Widget Locker just happens to have the no lock feature built into it. Doesnt Widget Locker allow you to customize the lock screen with widgets as well as access them when the phone lock is on? To where as the No Lock app strictly just removes the lock feature?
    Yes with Widget Locker you can add widgets and interact with them. You can also add more sliders to the screen as well. No Lock, and Widget Locker are two completely different programs.

Got Widget Locker after reading this thread and love it. It does cause Sense to reboot once or twice a day, but I still think its great.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorWWT View Post
    Got Widget Locker after reading this thread and love it. It does cause Sense to reboot once or twice a day, but I still think its great.
    Really? You might wanna look into other causes. I'm have not experienced one reset with Sense. Also go through the settings of Widget Locker to see.. Or try this forum for some help on it.

[APP] WidgetLocker Lockscreen replacement - xda-developers

Global Posts
    7,159 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

Sounds like a great App but this thread got a little off topic so I split out a few posts into a new thread HERE

I am going to move this thread over to the Apps forum so we can share with all the other Androids...Cool

Later,
    Dave

I wish they had a trial version of WidgetLocker especially since it's so new. I really like trying an app out before I buy it.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Does anyone use Lock 2.0 by Android Apps?

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Seriously, there has to be a way to remove the sense lockscreen and go straight to the Android code or pattern lock. It is redundant to have to do both. I would like the choice among all of them, but it makes no sense (pardon the pun) to swipe down on the screen to remove the sense lock and then put in your code or pattern.