Saving Email Addresses to Contacts from Gmail

nitrusoxide

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
This question may be better asked through an example. I got an email that had a few of my friends as CC's, and a few of their email addresses were not in my contacts list, even though their phone numbers were. I wanted to add them, but I can't figure out how to do it through the Gmail app. I finally had to navigate to the Gmail website, view the details of the email to display their addresses, copy them, and paste them into their contact information.

Is there a better way to do this? I'm probably missing something obvious, but I just need someone to point it out for me.

Thanks.

nitrusoxide

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Long pressing on the email name only threads/unthreads the email for me. I can long press on the email address in the quoted email underneath to copy it, but there has to be a better way. What if there's only one email, with no replies? Then there is no quoted email address for me to copy.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It sounds to me like your talking about doing this on a PC using gmail. If that's the case, once you open an email, there is a small box with a downward facing arrow right next the the Reply button (near the right top of the email). Click that arrow and a list pops down. One of the items is Add ..... to contacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC