BioLock V1.0 Biometric Security

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I just wanted to let you all know that my company Blue Planet Apps is developing a Biometric security app for Android. It is called BioLock and will support both Iris and Face Recognition. It will have RSA Encryption and the following features:

Lock/Unlock Phone by Face/Iris/Passcode
Lock Apps
Lock Documents
Lock Contacts
Will work with both Front and Back camera phones
Etc...

The app is currently in development and is close to a beta release. You can follow us on Twitter @blueplanetapps for updates and inside info. Also, you can follow our forum on the Blue Planet Apps website for more details when they become available.

Contrary to popular opinion, this will be the first true Biometric app for Android when released this month (the current "biometric" app on the Market uses signature recognition, hardly biometric).

Happy Android Days

Jason
Blue Planet Man

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Theoretically, couldn't facial recognition be defeated by having a picture of the persons face that could unlock the phone?

Glad you asked that. BioLock uses proprietary technology to determine that the person is actually real and not an image, or for that matter even HD video. For example, we can determine that the person blinks, just one of some of the features.

-Jason

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Sounds cool. I'll be interested in checking this out. It will have to be real quick to unlock the phone IMO. Pattern/password lock is pretty quick to unlock and I don't know if I could deal with a lot of extra time to unlock. Definitely awesome if it works well

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
So how does this work without a front having camera? I assume we turn the phone around and use the regular camera?

Before I read this thread, I thought it was going to read finger prints on the screen. That would be cool too. Is that even possible?

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
What if you grow facial hair or shave it off? I have too many concerns about biometric security working properly to even consider it right now.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
To answer both of your questions, it is easier to use the front camera for obvious reasons, but we will have audio prompts built in to assist people who only have a rear facing camera. Also, if you shave or grow hair, add glasses etc... that does not change the underlying dynamics of your face. You would need to make considerable changes for the Facial recognition to NOT be able to recognize you. Additionally, your Iris never changes, so even if you gain 200 pounds of weight, your eyes or the PIN can always unlock your phone... fear not. :)

Here is a peak at the app...

Blue Planet Apps - IrisScan v1.0

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Do u need beta testers? Running droid x..

We will have a beta test and I hope to release info here on Android Central and also on our Twitter account @blueplanetapps when I have more details. Perhaps as early as this week.

I think it would be pretty cool to have some awesome sound effects, perhaps something like Jarvis from Iron Man when you are authenticated.... :)

riseboi

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Tried to sign up for the beta release, but nothing happens when I click on the getting started button. Am I doing something wrong?

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure about the price yet. But I am thinking about $2.99 I am also considering a 15 day trial or some trial period before purchase. Trying to be as accommodating as possible.

-Jason