BioLock V1.0 Biometric Security

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Will it have a backup password option? It makes me nervous if an app locks a device without a backup way to still get in in case the app fails, or does not work for whatever reason. I LOVE the idea of the app if it works fast.

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
As a note to this, my ASUS laptop has this technology installed and it is VERY cool. To set it up it took several photos of me (double digits) and I found that the more varied lighting conditions you use the better and then it asked me for a "back up password" and it was good to go.

In practice, this works much better than I ever thought possible. When the laptop boots up the webcam activates and begins searching for my face. As soon as it sees my face it locks on and logs on. It is typically faster than me typing in the password (which it has the option of up on the screen also). When the room is a bit dark (poor lighting) it sometimes takes awhile, but other than that it is almost always instant.

And I have not been able to fool it yet. I have tried pictures and videos of myself, but nothing seems to trick it (I got curious about this too). It doesn't even have issues when I grow out my beard in the winter. The technology is much more sound than I ever would have given credit for.

I don't know if I'm willing to give up my current hacked lockscreen for this, but I might just to have it available (and as long as they can match the abilities of my two year old laptop). I just wanted to answer some of the questions I saw popping up.

Oh, and my laptop also has "fingerprint scanning" to unlock too, but it doesn't work nearly as well as the face recognition. It is much more finicky and slower.

My half a nickel.

K--

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
are there any of these programs for laptops i know certain models have them but about 3rd party vendors

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Will it have a backup password option? It makes me nervous if an app locks a device without a backup way to still get in in case the app fails, or does not work for whatever reason. I LOVE the idea of the app if it works fast.

Yes it will have the option of a PIN entry, or you can set it to use both the Iris or Pin or Face or Pin....

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Dont get me wrong, this sounds really cool but im more interested in crosstalk. Being a blackberry convert and this app having bbm integration?! Im in

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Wasnt that biowallet supposed to have eye scanning too or facial recognition? They were talking about that years ago and still no dice. All biowallet has is the signature thing.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
We are going to be showing it to a major OEM soon, so I will have more details after that happens. It was supposed to be released already, but now that they got involved things have changed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood