would like a better "people" app

incrediblefan

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have only 350 contacts and really could use a search feature. I cant always remember what reps work at companies I buy from, but I remember the companies. So for instance search for "amazon" and it would pull up my contacts at Amazon.com..

tadtam

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Look at Smart Shortcuts APP. You can setup many tags in different catagories that you name. Great for other APP consolidation to free up homepage space

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Going to give this a go. However, for the past few years I have just grouped everything in the first name line, which allows searching on first name, last name, business, et cetera.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I use two different solutions for this. First is a program called Gesture Search. It works with the standard search database and lets you search by using your finger to write the letters you're searching for on the screen. Very slick. But, like the dumb default People app, it only searches names.

So I also use Better Contacts, which searches names and company name, which I like. It also searches SMS, web, calendar, and more, which can be good or bad, depending on what you want to do.

One thing you can do in People, which makes it better, is do a two finger scroll. This scrolls down one alphabet letter at a time, so you can get from the A's to the M's very quckly. And a two finger tap at the bottom of the screen jumps to the end of the list, a two finger tap at the top jumps to the top of the list.

wmtoandroid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Along with the already mentioned problems with the "Peoples" app, my gripe with it is that the birthdays are all displayed one day in advance. Drives me nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87