Last.fm track skipping

dcross9818

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been having issues with sound quality in the lastest update of Pandora so I tried a few of the other music streaming programs (slacker and last.fm.) This is on an Evo 4G.

My issue with last.fm is that random, a track will stop playing and advance to the next track. I thought it might be due to the fact that I had a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable plugged in, but it happened with or without the cable plugged in.

Any ideas on what causes this? or suggestions for a last..fm/Pandora like program?

Thanks

---dcross9818

zerojay

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Last.fm skips to the next track when the stream gets interrupted too long for it to recover. We're talking several seconds here normally.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had this same thing happen to me with pandora 3 or 4 times.
not a big deal really.. but it was odd. so it doesn't appear to be limited to last.fm

rickjack

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Last.fm sucks on Sprint

I can't even use my Last.fm on Sprint anymore because it always skips to the next song after a few seconds. When I first got my EVO in August it worked fine but I think Sprints network got slammed by the data eating EVO users b/c its worthless now.

I can still last.fm on my Logitech Squeezebox at home with WiFi and on my EVO at home on the WiFi but if I have to use Sprint data it starts skipping immediately :(

If anybody knows how to fix this that would be awesome but I am worried its a network issue and out of our hands.....