Multicon - fit 4 icons in a 1x1 space

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have nothing to do with this app, but found it yesterday and love it. It's called Multicon, and allows you to fit 4 apps into a 1x1 space. You just add the widget to an empty space, which places 4 icons into a 1x1 space. Then press each one and tell it what app you want.

It's really saved some space on my homescreen, since now I have all my "camera" apps in a little 1x1 area (Vignette, C360, Camcorder, and Gallery), rather than eating up 4 different icons on the screen.

Also used it to set up my frequently played games (so they only take up 1/2 a screen now), as well as my Video apps (such as Youtube, TV.com, DirecTV, and SprintTV). Finally did it with my shopping apps as well (Appbrain, Barcode Scanner, Shopsavvy, and Goggles).

Unfortunately it doesn't work with widgets or shorcuts: for example, would love to have a little 1x1 widget that had all toggles for GPS/4G/Wireless/Brightness or another 1x1 widget with shortcuts to my wife's contact (for mobile/text/home/email). But that's ok, as it has cleaned up my screens considerably (which will no doubt be soon cluttered with stuff I didn't have room for before)

Like I said, I have nothing to do with it, but thought others may find it handy.

Here's a screenshot and QR Code:

chart

qxwtE.u.cs.png

qxwtB.u.cs.png

Last edited:

Vegasden

May 13, 2010
vegasden.net
I just tried this with the Evo and it works as advertised. Market comments this am say the dev is working to add shortcuts, mini-functions and folders to mix. Best part? It's free!!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I spent a bit of time this morning cleaning up screens and managed to free up 2 entire screens (out of the 7 on my EVO). That frees up some room for some gadgets I wanted to use (such as a Android Central's widget) but just didn't have the room for. Plus it allowed me to move some stuff out of my app drawer to a screen instead.

I didn't use it for every icon so I have a mix of small ones and large ones but was nice to group, for example, 12 games into 3 spots, rather than having a folder or 4 or 5 on the screen and the rest in my app drawer (like I was doing).

So much screen space now....gotta find more stuff to add/download :)

...and just when I thought (after 2 months) I finally had my phone customized the way I wanted it. This open-source customizable system is both a blessing and a curse.

Last edited:

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Another good trick if you have LauncherPro Plus is resize the widget, drag top use two slots to make larger icons for bigger thumbs, but still save space, or drag to four slot size to make BIG icons in the same space. Anyhow, just another option this opens up, really cool app!

AbeFrohman

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Awesome find!

I like having full-size icons, with a screen for different groups (games, media, etc) but my wife wants to have everything on one screen.

Can't wait to show this to her tonight.:cool:

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, saw this on appbrain this morning. Installed it to try it out and love it! I now have almost everything I need right on my main home screen! There are no counter notifications on the mail or mssg icons though. Hopefully they can add this in an update down the road.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12