Finally a working Custom Lock Screen Replacement!!!!!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am a happy camper now, I have been tring since I got my Droid X to find an app that would give a full working custom lock screen, this application is called "Widget Locker" and it seems to work flawlessly and the even better part is that you can add any of you widgets installed on your device to the lock screen and move them just like you are on you systems desktop, it supports Live Wallpapers and most importantly.... It cant be bypassed with the "Home" key like all others that I have tried. You can have Standard Android, Sense Ui or iPhone designed lock screens and they all works well.

Check it out at the market, the app again is called "Widget Locker" I think its worth a look.

Jeff80

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Finally! This is the app I was looking for. I was getting sick of the sense lock screen and been wanting the vanilla version.

lwirtjes

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm just the opposite, I don't like the lock screens (any of them) so I use No Lock.
Now I just hit the power button, and I'm in.

I hated the power button, then swipe to unlock things, seemed redundant to me

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
With the X u can set it it to have no lock screen. Also I think its built into 2.2
I'm just the opposite, I don't like the lock screens (any of them) so I use No Lock.
Now I just hit the power button, and I'm in.

I hated the power button, then swipe to unlock things, seemed redundant to me

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
With the X u can set it it to have no lock screen. Also I think its built into 2.2

Interesting I didn't know 2.2 had this option, Widget Locker still gets a + in my book because I love that I can use my Beautiful Widgets clock on lock screen instead of that plain clock that the stock uses.. Also I love using notification widgets on lock screen to be able to see notification on lock screen.

And as for the power button and unlock being redundant, it is basically a standard for almost all devices and basically I cant think of a simpler way to configure this if you choose to keep device and information secure, but I do understand where you coming from..

Last edited: