Why does an app need this permission: ACCESS EMAIL PROVIDER DATA
I was looking at this free Kingsoft Office and here is what it lists among its required permissions:
"Access email provider data
Allows this application to access your email database, including received messages, sent messages, usernames and passwords."
It seems highly suspicious to me even without the usernames and passwords part. Can anyone explain? Should I stay away from such apps? Thanks!
Re: Why does an app need this permission: ACCESS EMAIL PROVIDER DATA
OK, so I take it nobody cares why an app downloaded millions of times would ask for these things? To me it seems like a huge risk, so good thing I'm not using it. The developers didn't bother to answer my email either. Great! Check permissions very carefully before you install an app, people!
- 06-11-2013, 12:25 AM #3
Last edited by a111b222c333; 06-11-2013 at 05:00 AM.
- 06-11-2013, 12:50 AM #5
- 06-11-2013, 12:56 AM #6
- 06-11-2013, 03:39 AM #7
- By Ms Charli in forum Tablet AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-20-2012, 09:59 PM
- By ICU812 in forum Android App InventorReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2012, 06:54 AM
- By crossover37#AC in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 06-15-2010, 01:48 PM
- By stefanl in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-06-2010, 08:02 PM
- By stefanl in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-06-2010, 06:41 AM