Any widgets out there for posting to Twitter and/or Facebook? For check-ins with Foursquare?

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I miss the way Windows Phone handled posting to these social networks right from your Me tile.

HTC One has a feature like this on BlinkFeed but I have disabled all feeds from it as I don't use it. I want to have a shortcut or a widget that opens the "new tweet" of the official app and the "post status" of Facebook. I know that Facebook has a widget that does this, but I don't like that it is a large widget with photo and check in functionality.

Another for Foursquare check-ins would be useful. Is there anything that can open the "check-in" page? The one that searches for and lists all near places when you tap the check-in button.

Any recommendations? I can't find something to achieve these things. A shortcut or widget (single icon) would be awesome to find.

Thanks!

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Friendcaster has a "New Post" shortcut. I use that in conjunction with Nova Launcher's "swipe up" feature. So basically, I can assign a "swipe up" gesture to the Friendcaster icon and it will launch the "New Post" screen. The only problem with it is it doesn't have an option to attach a photo or video. Not sure why they left that out.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Friendcaster has a "New Post" shortcut. I use that in conjunction with Nova Launcher's "swipe up" feature. So basically, I can assign a "swipe up" gesture to the Friendcaster icon and it will launch the "New Post" screen. The only problem with it is it doesn't have an option to attach a photo or video. Not sure why they left that out.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm thinking of buying Nova Launcher Prime. I will give Friendcaster a try but I'm almost set with Falcon Pro. It has a widget but it displays the number of tweets, mentions, DMs and new tweet function, but I don't want to have a large widget just for that. I'm all for having things as simple and slick as possible.

Apps should take more advantage of the shortcuts feature in Android, in the same way WP apps can pin shortcuts for many of the functions.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Friendcaster is for Facebook only. Falcon Pro is for Twitter (which I also use).

You can resize the Falcon "Quick Actions" widget to only display the icon and the "new tweet" action. It takes up 2 spaces on the launcher (2x1).

dk503x

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the widget side of things but you might have a look at hootsuite, it will handle all that and more. I've tried it out in the past on my laptop/desktop and worked really well, though I haven't taken it for a spin on my phone yet.

If you take it for a spin post up your ride.

Posted with my Pantech Burst via the very useful Android Central App while riding my mountain bike through the city of Portland, Oregon USA naked drinking a Cranberry/Vodka cocktail rocking out to a little Joe Satriani. buurrrp'.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Friendcaster is for Facebook only. Falcon Pro is for Twitter (which I also use).

You can resize the Falcon "Quick Actions" widget to only display the icon and the "new tweet" action. It takes up 2 spaces on the launcher (2x1).

Didn't think of resizing it. Maybe the same can work for the Facebook widget as well.

I think the shortcuts feature is being ignored, at least by major apps like Facebook, Foursquare, Instagram, Twitter, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it.