[APP][2.3+] AA Image Viewer

Not Dev

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm glad to introduce my first free application.
It's an image viewer/gallery that perform rendering using my own resampling engine.

It improves image quality like a more accurate antialiasing.

Beta version, so I appreciate your feedback and opinions.

Description:
An image viewer / picture gallery focused on picture quality featuring its own rendering engine.

Displays your pictures or CG images, especially high resolution ones, with more accuracy and less artifacts at every zoom level.

Basic advantages:
- Reduces artifacts
- Reduces aliasing
- Reduces moir? pattern
- Improves sharpness
- Improves shapes alignment
- Improves reproduction of small details
- Improves inside images text readability

The first time you browse your albums, high quality thumbnails will be created.
This operation could take some time.

AA Image Viewer
Get it on Google Play

retroben999

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a Sony NSZ-GS7 with GTV.
Any chance you can make this support Google TV devices?
Google Play has a pain in the arse device support detection,it is such a killjoy.

Or can you at least,since it is free,please make a direct download link to the app for other deviced people to test/enjoy it as well.

Most image viewers have terrible rez limits,while very few viewers can zoom with real size,sadly
most of them force close on GTV Devices (QuickPic,Fast Image Viewer,Perfect Viewer,and Picturen).

There is one viewer that is frikkin awesome,it is called Gallery with VT (Virtual Thumb).
Its quality is unbelievable!
But it does not filter out that pixel mesh you get when zoomed up extremely close.

Last edited:

retroben999

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm sorry, but at the moment I have no plans to port it on GTV.

This forum has direct .apk attachment support.

AA Image Viewer is basically the android equivalent of apple's Actual Pixels Image Viewer.

I just got to have this image viewer!

Would you please provide a link of your awesome app (c'mon its free) for those incl. me who cannot get past google play's device blocker?
I have been waiting for an image viewer like this one for a long time,but I can't get it because of Google Play. :'(

I REALLY want to try it and see if it works on my Sony GTV box (I have a lot of working apps that are not supposed to be supported/compatible like Gallery with VT).

These apps are not reachable by Google Play on GTV but work perfectly fine by side-loading them from another market app (1mobile);7zipper,A Comic Viewer,Boat Browser/mini,Dolphin Browser v10.0,File Expert,Fish Bowl (Photo Gallery),SCViewer,X-Plore,and a whole mess of other browsers and Youtube players.

The point is that they all work perfectly on my GTV box even though they're not normally supported/compatible,and that I want to see if AA Image Viewer works as well.

Just think of me as a beta tester.
If it works,I can give you a heads up so you can change its Play status to be compatible with GTV devices anyway.

From looking at the screenshots,the interface is basic,which is good for the better chance that it works on other devices like GTV.

Last edited:

Not Dev

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your kind words.
I'd be happy you could use it on your device, but I think it wouldn't run at all.
Main problem is that Google TVs < Android 4.2.2 don't support NDK wich AA IV needs.
Anyway I'll take a look at alternative markets so if you have 4.2.2 you can try / test it.

retroben999

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I see now,because it uses a custom rendering engine with NDK.
As you may have heard,GTV is getting Android 4.2.2 (JellyBean) along with NDK support.

retroben999

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I found your app on SlideMe!

I got and tried AA Image Viewer on my Sony GTV,it opened,and then closed immediately like all other NDK apps,but WITHOUT crashing!

I managed to catch a glimpse of the album bar on the top-left corner and the settings stripe on the top-right corner.

I wonder what this means.

The menu of the app must be SDK,while the core of the app itself is NDK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87