Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ichpen
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ichpen's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Hi all,

    Recently made the transition from a BB Z10 to an S4. Whilst I enjoy the android experience I'm stuck for finding a good combined/unified email client. The Samsung S4 client is okish though slow at times and non-skinnable from what I can tell. It also doesn't give me many sort options. Same goes for splanner which brings on feelings of sickness with its brownish motif.

    I need a better looking client with good activesync support AND your pop/imap also as well as a better integrated calendar/task application if possible.

    Seems from my investigation there's very few choices:
    1. Touchdown - will work with my corporate activesync policy and it's a nicer looking client but does not support pop/imap or multiple accounts for that matter
    2. Enhanced Email - doesn't work well with corp activesync and is currently a bit broken on JB
    3. Moxier - as bad as the stock email client
    4. K9 - doesn't look like it will work with corp activesync

    Any other suggestions? Kind of stuck on this one.

    Appreciate it.
    4fool likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Try AquaMail.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    ichpen's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Try AquaMail.
    No activesync support.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Quote Originally Posted by ichpen View Post
    No activesync support.
    Sorry about that as I do not use activesync, so I wasn't sure.
    Aquamail is great for multiple email accounts including POP/IMAP.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    ichpen's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Sorry about that as I do not use activesync, so I wasn't sure.
    Aquamail is great for multiple email accounts including POP/IMAP.
    No worries. Thanks for chiming in.

    Anyone else with any suggestions?
  6. #6  

    Default

    I like MailDroid, but I don't know about activesync.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Just to let you know, the reason why these free apps don't support activesync is because Microsoft wants a royalty for every installation plus a 5 digit deposit as part of their licensing agreement for using activesync. This is why Touchdown/Moxier charges such a high fee for their software.

    Depending on the phone maker, you will get some activesync support but it is limited. Touchdown is a very strong exchange client, I would recommend using them for exchange setup and the stock android mail client for your pop/imap services.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    ichpen's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    Just to let you know, the reason why these free apps don't support activesync is because Microsoft wants a royalty for every installation plus a 5 digit deposit as part of their licensing agreement for using activesync. This is why Touchdown/Moxier charges such a high fee for their software.

    Depending on the phone maker, you will get some activesync support but it is limited. Touchdown is a very strong exchange client, I would recommend using them for exchange setup and the stock android mail client for your pop/imap services.
    I don't mind paying for this even higher than average prices. More interested in getting fully functional. I guess I'll try touchdown HD as that seems to be the latest and mix it with a regular pop/imap client. Might ditch the stock client altogether and get with something like aqua or enhanced email (whenever they get around to updating it properly). As stock leaves a lot to the imagination i.e. little in the way of calendar/notes/task integration.

    Thanks all for your inputs.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    FWIW, the developer of AquaMail is very responsive to problems. You might want to email him to discuss Activesync.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    I recently starting using "PROFILMAIL" and it is very close to the perfect email client for my needs. More details at their site ProfiMail - Powerful email client for mobile devices
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Quote Originally Posted by garyt View Post
    I recently starting using "PROFILMAIL" and it is very close to the perfect email client for my needs. More details at their site ProfiMail - Powerful email client for mobile devices
    Nowhere does it state that it supports activesync.

Similar Threads

  1. Former BB user
    By kennyj126 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 08:34 PM
  2. Questions from a former BB user
    By AprilStorm in forum BlackBerry
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 01:20 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 09:33 PM
  5. Former BB User - looking for calendar events listing
    By jlb0071 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions