Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I remove stock apps??

My phone was brand new - back in November! - so now it's antiquated (Droid Eris) and space is running low on internal memory because apps are getting geared more for the higher powered phones. As a result, I'd like to get rid of some of the many stock apps that I don't use, but I've been unable to do so. I've tried with Astro and through the Applications Manager and no joy on either.

Any tips?

Also, I've noticed with my ATK that I have dozens of apps that, for no real reason, load up when I start up (like Amazon MP3???). Is there a way, other than just using ATK, to control which ones start up when the phone starts up?
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Stock aps cannot be removed unless you Root. There are numerous threads on this topic. Try the search function.
    -----------------------------------------------
    The brightest Thunder-Bolt is elicited from the darkest Storm. Charles Caleb Colton ...

But you can hide them with Launcher Pro.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by o2bnclemson View Post
    space is running low on internal memory because apps are getting geared more for the higher powered phones. As a result, I'd like to get rid of some of the many stock apps that I don't use...
    That's as may be, but removing system applications won't do anything for your space issue. They're not stored in the same filesystem as user applications are.

I find it very funny that the BallCoach is giving a Clemson fan advise. Anybody else see the irony here?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by rpk717 View Post
    I find it very funny that the BallCoach is giving a Clemson fan advise. Anybody else see the irony here?
    I noticed that, but I'm not sure that he's the OLD BallCoach - I think he's just a BallCoach. Besides, we Clemson fans have a somewhat different name for the Ol' Ball Coach!
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

ROM
    Evo: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by simulator View Post
    But you can hide them with Launcher Pro.
    This is a great feature but its not going to help him with his space issues.