scanlife vs barcode scanner

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have not used barcode scanner except at home on something I found, I use scan life at the store and it actually brings the item up and lists the prices at other stores.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all 3 and Shopsavvy wins, hands-down.

Shopsavvy gives you the best web price (used and new), the best local price (even can display the stores on a map), Very easy to compare prices, Product Reviews, Wish List functionality, and Alerts (so I can set up "alert me when the price is $XX" to get an email notification).

It also allows you to search for a product by title. instead of requiring you to scan. This allows you to put something into a wishlist (for example) if your wife/SO mentions wanting it but you don't have the product to scan.

As far as I can tell, neither of the others offer this kindof stuff (Wish lists and Alerts, and ability to search manually without scanning)

In fact, I've been using the Wish List functionality for a few months to compile a Christmas shopping list....everytime my wife or kid mention something they want/like, I put it into their wish list so when shopping time comes around, I won't be running around blind desperately trying to figure out what they want. Of course, I also keep my own so when people ask me for shopping ideas for my birthday or Christmas, I can just pull out a list of things I've been meaning to buy someday.

I do keep Barcode Scanner around as well, but rarely use it.

Last edited:

chefkeyser

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I only use Goggles now for all my scanning. Shopsavvy didn't give me much information at all and Barcode Scanner was much slower than Goggles is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463