sms popup recomendation??

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
SMS popup works well, as does Handcent SMS. Handcent has a lot more functionality though, such as alerts and breaking SMS messages longer than 160 characters into multiple messages.

R

Roy Aguilera

I'm still hoping that bellshare makes Berry PopUp for the Droid.

rock87

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I recently converted to sms popup and I like it better than handcent. I primarily switched because a) handcent's popup was a bit laggy and b) handcent would not pull my contacts' pictures. Sms popup is different in that it ONLY creates a popup notification, and redirects you to the original sms app. Handcent, on the other hand, handles every aspect of mms/sms on its own.

If you like the speed and using the original sms app, go with sms popup. If you really need voice-to-text and other advanced options, then go with handcent.

darkstar

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Handcent SMS: the voice to text, text to voice features are pretty nice.. the pop up is a little laggy.. but i like the conversation bubbles too..

RJNavarrete

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Handcent for sure. Does SMS Popup have a setting so that it only pops up when the screen is locked/inactive? It'd be annoying to be browsing or watching a movie and having it pop up...

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The droids speech to text is so incredible I feel like i have to use it lol. They are both good apps and you cant go wrong. If you just want a pop up then sms pop up, if you want a lot more customizing options then go with handcent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad