Facebook App Clear Status Problem

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so we all know how horrible this facebook app is integrated with android. I have two issues...maybe someone knows a solution to the first problem.

1. Has anyone found a way to clear your fb status through the app or even the mobile site? I am lost, on my blackberry there used to be a clear button right next to the status. Now on this android fb app it doesnt even show your status next to your profile name, just shows it as a post to your profile.

2. The notifications are integrated through my gmail app and when clicking on the comment link, it takes me to the mobile website through the browser!!! NOT THE FACEBOOK APP! Also, I only get notifications for fb messages or events on my status bar, not any posts. This is creating double the work here, you must check it through your email account and then check it through the facebook app, or else it remains as a new notification in your fb app....really ridiculous and disappointing!

Share your thoughts!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
For 1 just long press on your status and remove the post.

For 2 you want the link to open up the app if you click on it on your phone? What if you're on the pc instead?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
1. you shouldn't have to remove/delete a post in order to clear your status. I believe if you do that, it still won't clear your status on top.

2. What if I am on a PC? My issue isn't with fb and a pc it is the FB app with the droid.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Guess I've never cleared my status but I see it on the website now that I'm looking for it. Don't see a way in the app to do it.

My other comment was geared towards you've requested email notifications from Facebook. Facebook has no idea if you want to use or will be using a pc, MAC, iPhone app, Android app, bloo, the touch site, etc to view that notification when you click on the link since you could be viewing that email on any number of devices...

This is why email notifications use a browser link since all devices that you could be reading the email in should have some kind browser installed. Text message notifications work the same way.

OUnfortunately the app's notifications don't really work and as such I've installed Bloo for notifications. Still use the stock Facebook app for almost everything but my notifications open in Bloo. And yes I still have to clear notifications in both places.

Apologies of the Droid gmail app integration with notifications is different than a normal email notification.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, I can stop the email notifications from facebook settings, but then if I do that then I won't know if I have a notification, unless I open the fb app which is silly to have to open it to see if I have a notification.

Also, although I didn't love my blackberry...blackberry did a great thing, instead of sending the email to your phone it gave you a fb icon notification on the top of the screen and went into the bb messages folder, not email folder. I would still get the email notification on my pc's email, but not of my bb phone email which I loved. get me?

I just find this to be a very poor setup, I want to use my fb app on my droid for everything fb related, not have to go through my email account

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The native fb app only gives you status bar notifications for messages, friend requests, and events.

Install Bloo and you'll get status bar notifications for everything such as replies to lists and stuff.

Still sucks to have 2 apps but its better than email or sms notifications thqt open the browser.

REDDEVILVS

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, I can stop the email notifications from facebook settings, but then if I do that then I won't know if I have a notification, unless I open the fb app which is silly to have to open it to see if I have a notification.

Also, although I didn't love my blackberry...blackberry did a great thing, instead of sending the email to your phone it gave you a fb icon notification on the top of the screen and went into the bb messages folder, not email folder. I would still get the email notification on my pc's email, but not of my bb phone email which I loved. get me?

I just find this to be a very poor setup, I want to use my fb app on my droid for everything fb related, not have to go through my email account

I agree with you after reading this entire Thread...........it makes no sense to have to click on a message through Andrid for FB and then be sent to FB for Internet sometimes............my 3 year old Samsung Eternity,non smartphone was 100% better than the FB app that we have on this Android Smartphone !! :(

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I should also point out that Bloo doesn't really replace the native app. It would if it worked right but it doesn't. Search on my username and 'bloo' to see my complaints.

Was hoping to are some updates to the native app by now to make it more useful.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the bloo app advice..i'll try it out, although I really don't want a third party app...i shouldn't have to download a third party app! oh well

REDDEVILS, I am really so disappointed with this fb app integration. I mean software developers should be able to fix this and not create fb emails to the phone. The only way I know I have a fb notification is if it is an event invite, friend request, or message...like EvilMonkey said. It seems like they aren't using the androids technology to its fullest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool