Backlight/screen app

BComini

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I can not find the app for the following task:

I would like to configure my smartphone to the backlight turn off after a few seconds of inactivitywent, but the screen remained active, infinitely.

To turn on the light again, just a screen tap. After inactivitywent again, the light turn off again.

That is, it would be almost equal to that procedure already normally occurs when light decreases after inactivity to screen off. The only difference is that the screen does not turn off ever, just the light off.

The purpose? I use your smartphone on the bike, with a program of mapping, speed etc (strava, sports tracker), but with the light always on, the battery does not last at all.
With this function, the backlight remain off, but a tap onthe screen to see the information.

[]

BComini

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy, thanks for the advice and the suggest.
I tried to find the right forum but my bad english brought me here.
Tap the proximity sensor is not the best solution for my demand, because riding a bike its not too easy to access it, tap the screen would be easier.
[]

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually, if you know where your proximity sensor is, you could just wave or tap your hand on or near it. I don't think it would have to be a very accurate tap.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Here's a potential workaround, lifted from another site: [Q] Tap screen to wake up? - xda-developers

"Settings->Display->Display Timeout->10min
Settings->Display->Brightness->full
Settings->Applications->Development->Always stay on/Stay active...->true

Does exactly what u want - after the timeout (10min) the screen dims (to about 50% or lower) - sadly i can't tell how to affect this value (but it seems its the lowest value the default brightness controll, let u set)
On touch - u got the full brightness... till timeout is reached again.
Device wont ever go to sleep."

BComini

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi B,

What I need is exactly what you post. Unfornatelly, I`m afraid Motorola rid off Settings->Applications->Development->Always stay on/Stay active...->true from razr.

I can't find it anywhere. I just found this option when plugged.

But I follow your hint and find this app:
Screen ON
Chethan Dandgey
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...confirmation&write_review=true&token=YCJ_vlRn.

It does not turn off the light, just dim, but a simple tap turn light max again.

I will try to see if the batery hangs a complete ride!

Thank you very much,

Bernardo.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Developer Options is hidden at first by default in Jellybean. To activate them, go to Settings/About Phone, and then tap Build Number seven times. It should then give you a message saying that you are now a developer, and the menu will become available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool