Google Music Unlimited

geronco

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm a spotify user for a while, and I'm thinking about switching to Google Music unlimited. I like the UI and the additional features on the Google service better, and the fact that I can add downloaded files from my computer. Did anyone switch from Spotify to Google music recently? If yes, what do you recommend using to transfer playlists and songs from one service to another? Also, is it a good idea to transfer? Which service is better? Did you have any bad experience after switching?

Thank you :)

"William G"
Galaxy Note 2

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I can only speak to this question partially, as I really have only used Spotify on my desktop computer for the most part. I have found Google's collection more complete then I thought I would. To be sure though, there are still gaps..missing artist or missing albums which can be frustrating, but Spotify has that too. I haven't transferred any playlist. I did see a tool to do that and wish I remembered where I saw it but unfortunately I don't. Now on to my issues...I do not like that on the desktop Google is not a separate client but instead is purely web based. This gives me all sorts of performance issues that I think would be resolved if it ran like Spotify does. My issue on Android has been battery life. It has been consuming battery on my phone like crazy even while NOT being used. I am testing out yesterday's update as I write this. Hopefully this will address my problem because their tech support sure isn't. If these problems aren't ironed out soon, I may give Sony's a try since right now it's even cheaper then Google. Time will tell!

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: The update that Google released to support their new Chromecast product also fixed the battery life problems I was having so I think I will be sticking with Google. Just find it so much easier to work with. I have already created an amazing number of playlist that I did not do with Spotify. google makes it easy and fun. Spotify felt like a chore.

I'm still having issues with my desktop computer, but those seem to be getting less frequent, so I'm relatively happy at the moment. I still wish they had a family plan where we could stream to multiple devices at the same time. But offline play can still be done so there is somewhat of a workaround. I do think the service will keep getting better and better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie