The Official Launcher Pro discussion thread

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ok seeing as how it seems that there is a new thread regarding Launcher Pro every day, I figured we could give it it's own stickied discussion thread to help keep all of the related questions, concerns, updates and feature discussions all in 1 thread to help eliminate some of the clutter.

I haven't used the newest version, i like ADW a lot so probably won't be switching over (please don't throw the tomatoes :p) but i hear a lot of good things about it. The settings, the widgets and the more features seem to be added frequently by the talented Developer. I can't really add too much to the discussion but that's where you guys come in.

so...... GAME ON!!! haha enjoy

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I am using it on the EVO 4G with stock Froyo. I got tired of Sense and tried out Launcher Pro. I combined it with Beautiful Widgets and WidgetLocker and it works great. The EVO starts faster than with Sense Home Page. I like that I can customize anyway I want. If I want to go back to Sense for a while I can switch it very easily. I use the application ClearDefaultHome (works with Froyo) to clear out defaults and load whichever home screen I want to use.

Last edited:

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I just bought LauncherProPlus, and am alittle un easy that i had to use paypal to pay for it! i'm un easy because i know that if i use google check out i will have proof of purchase forever! Is this gonna be the same? will it be in my list of applications i purchased if i get another android or have to reboot once i log back in?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I just bought LauncherProPlus, and am alittle un easy that i had to use paypal to pay for it! i'm un easy because i know that if i use google check out i will have proof of purchase forever! Is this gonna be the same? will it be in my list of applications i purchased if i get another android or have to reboot once i log back in?

Use the backup feature in LauncherPro. It knows if you have Plus. Also just keep the unlock code they give you.

zeni

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I bought LauncherProPlus. Unfortunately, I can't figure it out. I am new to android OS so maybe I'll be able to get it going after using this OS longer.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I used Launcher Pro when it first debuted and loved it. However, I switched to ADW due to chronic screen redraw issues. I just swithed back and couldn't be happier. THe launcher nearly never closes and my phone is running much much faster. Even faster than with the stock launcher. The widgets are beautiful and I can't wait for the next updates!

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
ok, got another question! i bought it for the people widget feature. how to i place contacts into it? i can pick and choose who i want in there right? it would be lame if i could not pick specific contacts!

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
ok, got another question! i bought it for the people widget feature. how to i place contacts into it? i can pick and choose who i want in there right? it would be lame if i could pick specific contacts!
When you select the widget it'll walk you through setting it up. I think you can only select groups. I for example, use my starred contacts but you could create a group that you'd want for the widget.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
How do u create a group of your liking?

Easiest way is to probably do it from the gmail contacts on the web. Otherwise, you can just edit the contacts you need and add them to a group. I just have my important contacts starred. For those, in contacts (on the phone) just star them.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
question, i have launcher pro plus, i also got home screen switcher. do i need to remove the widgets that update from the original home screen? will they run twice? im on a captivate.

paul_aka_paul

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
The contacts I have synced with Facebook behave in the contacts and MMS widgets as if they don't have contact pictures. The non-synced contacts that use pictures from the gallery are fine.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there something in the settings I need to change?

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The contacts I have synced with Facebook behave in the contacts and MMS widgets as if they don't have contact pictures. The non-synced contacts that use pictures from the gallery are fine.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there something in the settings I need to change?

I have the same problem and it occurs with other contacts widgets. Must be a facebook API issue or something. I'm not a programmer. I know of no workaround.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
ok so i've starred them in my contacts and un starred the ones it used to load and it still loads the ones ive unstarred! what gives? didn't sense let you click and drag the ones you wanted in the list? i bought this for my mother and it should be easier.

StraightWisdom

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
ok so i've starred them in my contacts and un starred the ones it used to load and it still loads the ones ive unstarred! what gives? didn't sense let you click and drag the ones you wanted in the list? i bought this for my mother and it should be easier.

I'd go to your contacts on your phone and make a new GROUP + Add the contacts you want individually to the new group + Then add the People widget and select the group you just made.

Satori

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
LaunchrPro question

I have 5 icons in the dock of launcher pro right now, all working fine. I replaced the app drawer link/shortcut in the dock with something else thinking that I could put the app drawer shortcut on another page since I don't use it that often. Can't figure out how to do that. Is there a way? Am I using the right terminology?

Thanks!

stepchild

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
scroll the dock left or right and it should give you more places to put icons. Then you can put app drawer where you want it.

Now this is if I understand you and you understand me-:)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have 5 icons in the dock of launcher pro right now, all working fine. I replaced the app drawer link/shortcut in the dock with something else thinking that I could put the app drawer shortcut on another page since I don't use it that often. Can't figure out how to do that. Is there a way? Am I using the right terminology?

Thanks!

If I were you, set the double press of the home key to pull up app drawer.

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
question, i have launcher pro plus, i also got home screen switcher. do i need to remove the widgets that update from the original home screen? will they run twice? im on a captivate.

I'd like to know about this too. I'm on a DX, and may need to be killing some of the blur stuff I'm not using.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith