Best Bible App for Android?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the YouVersion Bible, but there are times when I need a Bible in areas with poor data connections. I need something that stores the Bible on the phone, because YouVersion can take a long time, or fail completely, to load in these areas.

Any suggestions?

Putts

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I use YouVersion too, it's great, but I agree it can be frustrating when you're not getting a good data signal. Unfortunately, you're not going to be able to easily find a downloadable version of a modern translation for free. Just browsing through the market though, it looks like Tecarta has a nice looking NIV downloadable version for $6, might be worth checking out.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have used olivetree bible for many years. They have several free bibles and several bibles that you have to buy. You do have to download the reader outside the market, but all the bibles can be downloaded from inside the app.

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have used the Olive Tree Biblereader on the BB and Android phones. Just type Olive Tree in the Android Market search. It will give you several choices of the Olive Tree reader with a free bible version already in the app, ie. KJV, NLT, NIV, or ESV.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Your not going to find a downloadable Bible but I recommend daily Bible. It gives you the word daily and its an complete Bible which will read the word or the complete bible to you like an audio book... there is a lot to this bible.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have used the Olive Tree Biblereader on the BB and Android phones. Just type Olive Tree in the Android Market search. It will give you several choices of the Olive Tree reader with a free bible version already in the app, ie. KJV, NLT, NIV, or ESV.

Thanks for the update....I guess I've never shown an update in the market since I've been running it since it was a beta and have always installed it out of the market.

ttinsley

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I have the YouVersion Bible, but there are times when I need a Bible in areas with poor data connections. I need something that stores the Bible on the phone, because YouVersion can take a long time, or fail completely, to load in these areas.

Any suggestions?

Cadre is very good; has many translations.

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for the Olive Tree Bible Reader. Been using their stuff since we had an old offline PDA 6+ years ago :D

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Be patient, the only decent one is yet to come. I couldn't stand Olive Tree....myBible, aka PocketBible, aka Laridian is the only one, and they're done now with the port for the iDiots, so now it's Android time. But there are only two of them. This was far and away the only Bible in Palm land, and it'll be here. Eventually.

Last edited:

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm another vote for Olive Tree. Saying one Bible is better than another is silly. It's all the same Bible. Now you may prefer one app and it's features over another, but that's different. For me it has to be easy to get to the books/verses I want and has to be easy to read. The Olive Tree app does both of those.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm another vote for Olive Tree. Saying one Bible is better than another is silly. It's all the same Bible. Now you may prefer one app and it's features over another, but that's different. For me it has to be easy to get to the books/verses I want and has to be easy to read. The Olive Tree app does both of those.

I agree this is about Android Bible apps. I've used Olive Tree and it's okay. I'm just liking the advanced capabilities of the Cadre Bible software a bit more.

As to Laridian, when I was on Win Mobile Laridian was the gold standard. I look forward to seeing how they implement their programs on Android.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for Olive Tree! All my purchases I had on my Palm T3 were ported over to Android for free. That was kind of them. Now I can carry Wayne Grudem's great Systematic Theology around on my phone.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks G5:1. It IS for freedom that Christ set us free!!!!!!!!

Will check out iSilo for now, but that little i gives me pause....!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol