12-22-2012 09:14 PM
40 12
tools
    I have the YouVersion Bible, but there are times when I need a Bible in areas with poor data connections. I need something that stores the Bible on the phone, because YouVersion can take a long time, or fail completely, to load in these areas.

Any suggestions?
    08-18-2010 07:31 AM
    Not sure of an app but if you can't find one, you could probably use one of the e-readers and download an e-book of it.
    08-18-2010 07:45 AM
    I use YouVersion too, it's great, but I agree it can be frustrating when you're not getting a good data signal. Unfortunately, you're not going to be able to easily find a downloadable version of a modern translation for free. Just browsing through the market though, it looks like Tecarta has a nice looking NIV downloadable version for $6, might be worth checking out.
    08-18-2010 08:30 AM
    I have used olivetree bible for many years. They have several free bibles and several bibles that you have to buy. You do have to download the reader outside the market, but all the bibles can be downloaded from inside the app.
    08-18-2010 08:37 AM
    I have used the Olive Tree Biblereader on the BB and Android phones. Just type Olive Tree in the Android Market search. It will give you several choices of the Olive Tree reader with a free bible version already in the app, ie. KJV, NLT, NIV, or ESV.
    Nechasin likes this.
    08-18-2010 09:21 AM
    Your not going to find a downloadable Bible but I recommend daily Bible. It gives you the word daily and its an complete Bible which will read the word or the complete bible to you like an audio book... there is a lot to this bible.
    08-18-2010 09:40 AM
    I have used the Olive Tree Biblereader on the BB and Android phones. Just type Olive Tree in the Android Market search. It will give you several choices of the Olive Tree reader with a free bible version already in the app, ie. KJV, NLT, NIV, or ESV.
    Thanks for the update....I guess I've never shown an update in the market since I've been running it since it was a beta and have always installed it out of the market.
    08-18-2010 09:48 AM
    Nothing like having the Word of God on our phones.
    08-18-2010 10:21 AM
    I have the YouVersion Bible, but there are times when I need a Bible in areas with poor data connections. I need something that stores the Bible on the phone, because YouVersion can take a long time, or fail completely, to load in these areas.

Any suggestions?
    Cadre is very good; has many translations.
    08-18-2010 10:40 AM
    i use an app called dailybible. it is in the market
    FANTASTIC ! !!!
    08-18-2010 10:49 AM
    Thanks everyone!
    08-18-2010 10:56 AM
    Another vote for the Olive Tree Bible Reader. Been using their stuff since we had an old offline PDA 6+ years ago
    08-18-2010 02:04 PM
    I'll second Cadre Bible. I liked Olive Tree but Cadre Bible's feature set is of a very high order.
    08-18-2010 02:07 PM
    Be patient, the only decent one is yet to come. I couldn't stand Olive Tree....myBible, aka PocketBible, aka Laridian is the only one, and they're done now with the port for the iDiots, so now it's Android time. But there are only two of them. This was far and away the only Bible in Palm land, and it'll be here. Eventually.
    08-18-2010 05:26 PM
    I use T.I.N.G. and "What the Bible Says".

Congratulations on trolling on a thread clearly for those who value the bible. Post reported as violation of forum Terms of Service.
    08-18-2010 05:38 PM
    I'm another vote for Olive Tree. Saying one Bible is better than another is silly. It's all the same Bible. Now you may prefer one app and it's features over another, but that's different. For me it has to be easy to get to the books/verses I want and has to be easy to read. The Olive Tree app does both of those.
    08-18-2010 05:41 PM
    I'm another vote for Olive Tree. Saying one Bible is better than another is silly. It's all the same Bible. Now you may prefer one app and it's features over another, but that's different. For me it has to be easy to get to the books/verses I want and has to be easy to read. The Olive Tree app does both of those.
    I agree this is about Android Bible apps. I've used Olive Tree and it's okay. I'm just liking the advanced capabilities of the Cadre Bible software a bit more.

As to Laridian, when I was on Win Mobile Laridian was the gold standard. I look forward to seeing how they implement their programs on Android.
    08-18-2010 05:44 PM
    Another vote for Olive Tree! All my purchases I had on my Palm T3 were ported over to Android for free. That was kind of them. Now I can carry Wayne Grudem's great Systematic Theology around on my phone.
    08-18-2010 06:32 PM
    I use iSilo, which is cross platform (must be side loaded). Lots of free Bibles on memoware.com. Go to iSilo to check it out...
    08-18-2010 09:32 PM
    Thanks G5:1. It IS for freedom that Christ set us free!!!!!!!!

Will check out iSilo for now, but that little i gives me pause....!
    08-19-2010 11:10 AM
    Cadrebible works great for me....doesn't have my version New American Bible, but has all other versions....fast too!
    08-19-2010 11:34 AM
    Congratulations on trolling on a thread clearly for those who value the bible. Post reported as violation of forum Terms of Service.
    This isn't a bible forum, the description of the forum is:

"Android Applications Discuss applications you've found in the marketplace, a list of commonly used apps, read/write mini reviews, ask questions, and get answers."

I suggested two Android apps, don't like them? Don't use them.
    08-19-2010 12:40 PM
    How was this a violation? the post was removed I think cause I can't find it.
    08-19-2010 12:44 PM
    The poster came onto a thread clearly about Android Bible Applications and recommended 2 apps that are both of atheist origin and both mock the Bible. That violates the TOS of the forum (harassing post, rude post). Hence the TOS violation, The moderators concurred and removed the post.

And judging by the newest post from that poster, he needs to read the TOS for Android Central forums.
    08-19-2010 03:13 PM
    Tony, Cadre looks very interesting! That might be my work around until Laridian gets it done. (And they need to hope that it isn't better!) Lots of free choices to try out, so we'll see. Thanks for that, hadn't seen it before. The i_____...mentioned above is a no go. You have to buy the platform in order to see anything at all.
    08-19-2010 05:24 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD