Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Deletes EMail all by itself - deleted items vanish and do not go to trash folder

Just like the title says. Items in the Inbox get deleted by the stock email app. There doesn't seem to be any way to control the latency of the emails they just go away... does nayone know what is going on or how to fix this annoying bug? fortunately they aren't deleted on the server as well so at least that is working.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Deletes EMail all by itself - deleted items vanish and do not go to trash folder

there should be an option in settings about how many emails to display (for lower memory devices)
    He who stands on toilet is high on pot
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Deletes EMail all by itself - deleted items vanish and do not go to trash folder

No memory low issues. 7G available and also 64G on the SE card (no issues with it thus far!). I can't find anythig in SetTings that will allow any control over how longanyting is stored. The wierd part is that when it decides to delete the emails, they don't seem to go into the trash bin, they just disappear.
    Thanks for your interest and quick response, though!

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for Both

I have this issue as well. My S4 tells me I have new emails, then when I go to read them, they are automatically deleted. Seems like a major bug that needs work, or an update to vanilla android, & I'll be happy.

I have the same issue, except the email is going into a trash folder buried under my profile name, took me a while to find it. Anyone ever find an answer to this? Even if I have to turn off the function/method/app/whatever to get it to stop I am ok with that, just need to know what's causing it? I am loosing emails because of this, very annoying.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for Both

I rerouted all my emails to Gmail, so I can see them from there. Now Google just needs to update to custom tabs for sorting & it will be perfect!