Anyone use Fring for their Droid

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I have it running on my Droid. So far works great. I have only used it to make a few calls and mostly chatted with it but so far it seems more stable than the Nimbus that I had been using.

ircactus

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
This is "Fring"ing awesome

Anyone been messing with Fring and specifically using it for sip. Although it's not "perfect" at this point. I gotta say. It works.. pretty well in fact. Thoughts?

ircactus

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes it does work. Works very well. Re: why not google voice. The page isn't long enough. Not because there's anything wrong with GV but really? Limited to what is given to you. How bout this?.

1. Register to the office system (yes it's all VoIP)
2. Actually get numbers in a non metro
3. Actually use the wifi and not your minutes
4. Depending on who you use. Change RPID
5. Have as many inbound DID's as you like / need / can afford

Really I could go on but simply put. There's many many reasons to be able to use a non branded client for VoIP. $.02 Inserted :D

mikipedia

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'll use it once you can sort or disable viewing offline contacts. Essentially too few configurable settings for what I would like. Until that happens I will use Nimbuzz.

mikipedia

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I uninstalled it until they make available such basics as sorting contacts by user choice and allow you to turn off hundreds of offline contacts. I used it on a N95 and it was so much better than what this is. In my opinion they should have not released it until some of these settings were implemented. Nimbuzz works so much better right now.

ircactus

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
If you're just looking for an all in one messenger app then by all means go with something else, but to be able to do SIP VoIP on both 3g and WiFi is what I'm looking for and this puppy delivers (Be it a bit messy for now). Pounds the **** outta sipdroid atm and that's "just" a sip app. Eitherway. Depending on your need, use the app that's right for you. :D

I uninstalled it until they make available such basics as sorting contacts by user choice and allow you to turn off hundreds of offline contacts. I used it on a N95 and it was so much better than what this is. In my opinion they should have not released it until some of these settings were implemented. Nimbuzz works so much better right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance