Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android RDP / VNC app that functions similar to iTeleport for iOS

Hello all,
    First post here! I have recently switched from iOS to Android on a Galaxy S4 and so far loving it, however I seem to be having a hard time finding a decent Remote Desktop / VNC app that works in the same manner as how iTeleport does for iOS. Anybody that has used the latter with iOS will know that it's an exceptionally well made program. I love the way you can use the whole screen to move the pointer as a mouse pad and double tap for right click, the pointer has perfect acceleration while moving it across the screen and it's exceptionally smooth too. It's such a logically thought out way of controlling the mouse pointer and I'm amazed that the major RDP apps for Android haven't employed this system. Using Pocketcloud, Teamviewer etc whilst performing well, use a clunky 'move the mouse within a bubble' system (if you know what I mean!) which I think does not work half as well.

There is one app that I have tried on the Android store that does actually work like iTeleport, it's called 'Remote Desktop Client' by xtralogic, however the pointer is very jerky with no acceleration, it pretty much stops dead as soon as you stop dragging and doesn't perform particularly great either.

I have messaged developers of iTeleport about making an Android app, as have many others on their forums but they never respond, a huge shame.

Are there any other apps that I could consider? Or is there really nothing out there that can compare?

Cheers.
    Mark.

Default Re: Android RDP / VNC app that functions similar to iTeleport for iOS

Hi Mark,
    I'm in the same situation as you, switching from ios to android.
    Until now, which "iteleport for android" have you choosen and you could suggest me?
    Very thanks!

Default Re: Android RDP / VNC app that functions similar to iTeleport for iOS

Hey,
    I just moved over to android, I'm not sure if iTeleport ever responded, so I though I'd try my luck. I got a response from them and they are currently working on an Android app. I hope this helps if you haven't found a substitute app.

Cheers!