Best battery status app/widget?

JRodHimself

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded the BatteryLife widget by CurveFish and it seems to work fine, but I was wondering if there is any other widgets or apps that you guys use and how you like them. And if you use BatteryLife, how do you like it?

Last edited:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
batterylife is pretty slick; i use battery indicator pro personally. i know many people have had success with batteryleft as well, but i was never a big fan of it

abrown00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about one that is optimized for froyo. I have heard these can really suck juice if not optimized for your current version of android. I'm running froyo on the evo,btw.

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I used batterylife but I'm looking for a froyo compatible widget (much like Batterylife) that won't drain the battery

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I like Battery Indicator. I use the free version. It's small, simple and tells me what I need to know right in the top bar.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i deleted all battery % widgets and i suggest you do the same. the battery % is not accurate and it's silly to sit and watch every % and extrapolate when the battery % consumption is not linear and constantly worry about the battery. my advice is to just look at the default battery bar and stop stressing about the battery. just relax and enjoy and use the phone and stop obsessing about every misreported incorrect battery %. you will have a little less stress in your life.

good luck all.

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
i deleted all battery % widgets and i suggest you do the same. the battery % is not accurate and it's silly to sit and watch every % and extrapolate when the battery % consumption is not linear and constantly worry about the battery. my advice is to just look at the default battery bar and stop stressing about the battery. just relax and enjoy and use the phone and stop obsessing about every misreported incorrect battery %. you will have a little less stress in your life.

good luck all.

Did they recommend that at Android Anonymous? :p

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
BatteryLeft.

Its custom % estimation jumps around too much. But even if you find no value in it's estimated %, the widget allows you to define any 3 pieces of data to show (it's %, system %, mV, time left temp, etc). The Windget looks nicer than pretty much any other. There's also a 1x1 and 2x1 widget option.

And its click-action is more useful than most (shows batt Usage and History).

dosmoney

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I use juiceplotter. It shows your time remaining (with % of accuracy), time left for full charge. Also shows graphs of your battery usage and temperature. used in conjunction with juicedefender (which disables your data for 15 mins at a time and then enables for a minute every 15 minutes in order to get updates. if your using the web it wont shut you off either) ive been able to double my battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois