What is the best sms/text app out? The stock HTC texting app is sooo plain.
    08-20-2010 03:29 PM
    I have tried quite a few, and I think handcent is by a huge margin.
    08-20-2010 03:33 PM
    What is the best sms/text app out? The stock HTC texting app is sooo plain.
    not a lot to choose from handcent, choomps. Id say test them all and too each is own I run with handcent
    08-20-2010 03:57 PM
    Handcent blows everything else away. I just converted from Chomp.
    08-20-2010 04:38 PM
    Ironically, I JUST did my own research this morning on this topic... I've been using Handcent primarily for the past week or so and it's been good...but I actually just made the switch to ChompSMS. Now, I realize that it has ads, but I'm just testing the waters to see if it's worth "donating" to get rid of said ads. So far I think Chomp is MUCH more aesthetically pleasing and I like that I can change the LED notification color.

curious to hear other peoples' opinions though too
    08-20-2010 04:42 PM
    So far I think Chomp is MUCH more aesthetically pleasing and I like that I can change the LED notification color.
    With HandCent you can change colors on incoming and outgoing messages as well as whether it's a bubble like iphone or not. Dunno how aesthetically pleasing Chomp is, but I do know HandCent is extremely customizable here.

And HandCent can change your LED notification color, too. Hell, you can have different colors for different contacts...
    08-20-2010 05:00 PM
    Handcent SMS, pick up all the fontpacks and Handcent keyboard.
    08-20-2010 06:03 PM
    Handcent is quite excellent, being able to customize damn near everything is amazing.
    08-20-2010 06:31 PM
    Put me down as another Handcent fan. The minute I switched to it I never looked back.
    08-20-2010 07:46 PM
    With HandCent you can change colors on incoming and outgoing messages as well as whether it's a bubble like iphone or not. Dunno how aesthetically pleasing Chomp is, but I do know HandCent is extremely customizable here.

And HandCent can change your LED notification color, too. Hell, you can have different colors for different contacts...
    Oh yeah, I agree Handcent is more customizable...mostly I was referring to the pop up...I think the Handcent one is just too unfinished looking, bordering on ugly. I don't care to customize anything really cause I'm fine with the standard bubbles and I don't need to have different colors/sounds per contact
    08-20-2010 11:50 PM
    Although I always had used the stock SMS app, I used Handcent on the Hero. It was very good
    08-21-2010 07:33 PM
    +1 handcent
    08-21-2010 08:29 PM
    A question that I have with handcent is can you delete multiple messages at a time? That is the one thing I don't like about the stock SMS app that you can only delete messages one at a time or the entire thread but you can't choose multiple messages within the thread to delete.

Thanks.
    08-21-2010 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD