Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Default What the best Text/SMS App

What is the best sms/text app out? The stock HTC texting app is sooo plain.

I have tried quite a few, and I think handcent is by a huge margin.
    "Make things as simple as possible but no simpler."- Albert Einstein
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by bronx889 View Post
    What is the best sms/text app out? The stock HTC texting app is sooo plain.
    not a lot to choose from handcent, choomps. Id say test them all and too each is own I run with handcent
    Follow Ya Boy @BiGTo0T

Handcent blows everything else away. I just converted from Chomp.

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

Default ChompSMS

Ironically, I JUST did my own research this morning on this topic... I've been using Handcent primarily for the past week or so and it's been good...but I actually just made the switch to ChompSMS. Now, I realize that it has ads, but I'm just testing the waters to see if it's worth "donating" to get rid of said ads. So far I think Chomp is MUCH more aesthetically pleasing and I like that I can change the LED notification color.

curious to hear other peoples' opinions though too

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtmjr90 View Post
    So far I think Chomp is MUCH more aesthetically pleasing and I like that I can change the LED notification color.
    With HandCent you can change colors on incoming and outgoing messages as well as whether it's a bubble like iphone or not. Dunno how aesthetically pleasing Chomp is, but I do know HandCent is extremely customizable here.

And HandCent can change your LED notification color, too. Hell, you can have different colors for different contacts...

Handcent SMS, pick up all the fontpacks and Handcent keyboard.
    HTC Desire / CyanogenMod 7.1
    Motorola can kiss my a##

Handcent is quite excellent, being able to customize damn near everything is amazing.
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

Put me down as another Handcent fan. The minute I switched to it I never looked back.

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by cr3amy View Post
    With HandCent you can change colors on incoming and outgoing messages as well as whether it's a bubble like iphone or not. Dunno how aesthetically pleasing Chomp is, but I do know HandCent is extremely customizable here.

And HandCent can change your LED notification color, too. Hell, you can have different colors for different contacts...
    Oh yeah, I agree Handcent is more customizable...mostly I was referring to the pop up...I think the Handcent one is just too unfinished looking, bordering on ugly. I don't care to customize anything really cause I'm fine with the standard bubbles and I don't need to have different colors/sounds per contact

Although I always had used the stock SMS app, I used Handcent on the Hero. It was very good
    Phone History
    Blackberry Curve > HTC Hero > Blackberry Tour > HTC EVO > Blackberry Bold > Droid X > iPhone 4 > HTC Evo LTE > iPhone 5 > Droid DNA > iPhone 5 > Galaxy S4 > iPhone 5S > Galaxy S5

Twitter: @Shoenflwx

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

+1 handcent

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

A question that I have with handcent is can you delete multiple messages at a time? That is the one thing I don't like about the stock SMS app that you can only delete messages one at a time or the entire thread but you can't choose multiple messages within the thread to delete.

Thanks.
    Droid Incredible since June 2010
    Nexus 5 since March 2014