Free album art grabber :)

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow! I just installed this on your recommendation and it worked flawlessly! I make a lot of my own "Greatest Hits" folders that art can't be added to automatically, but the app easily lets you assign album art to this folders.

My only question: Where do these images get stored? Are they imbedded in the .mp3?

TJH

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Just read this from the offical web site. Aswered my question:

"Tim Clark said...
It uses Android's internal MediaStore database - modifying the entries directly. Albumart in this database is stored as jpegs under albumthumbs. The app does not modify the mp3 id3 tags or write the covers to folder.jpg although maybe I will do something like this soon if there is enough demand for it."

warstory

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I just used it works great unless you use a third party app like mixzing. When I loaded up the stock music player they all showed up great.To bad though I paid for mixzing and I intend to use it.It has a album art finder but it isn't as good as album art grabber.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I just used it works great unless you use a third party app like mixzing. When I loaded up the stock music player they all showed up great.To bad though I paid for mixzing and I intend to use it.It has a album art finder but it isn't as good as album art grabber.

I'm gonna try it myself later - and I have MixZing, too. I think there's an option in MixZing's settings where you can tell it where to look for album art, which, I think, would enable you to use this app as well. I'll update once I have had a chance to try and know for sure.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The author just updated this app to allow you to pick covers from the gallery! This is a great feature since I have a dozen stubborn albums and mix discs that it couldn't previously find covers for. Now I raid Amazon for album covers and pick those in the app.

Great job!

TJH

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had trouble with the album art disappearing for no apparent reason? Just this weekend I had to grab the artwork TWICE because of some unknown problem.

I suspect an app called SDRescan the first time. One comment from a user says "This app deletes my pictures." But others give it good reviews. My album art went missing shortly after using the app.

Yesterday, I had some problems copying files from the SD card to my computer, finally booting my old Mac to do the job. The next time I played music, my art was gone again!

The albumart folder still exists on the SDcard, but somehow the associations are gone.

I can't wait until Album Art Grabber embeds the pictures in the ID.

TJH