Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook Replaces Numbers

Hey everyone; I've looked around for this same problem but haven't really singled one out. When I had my HTC Incredible synced with Facebook, I sent a text to my friend who didn't respond. So I kept sending follow up texts. Well a little later I got a call from a random lady telling me to stop texting her. Come to find out, my friend's actual number had been replaced under my contact list for the number that was displayed on her Facebook page. This was in fact her old number and therefore belonged to someone else. Is there any way to sync Facebook without it replacing phone numbers with the ones that are listed on their Facebook page? Thanks in advance!

-Taylor

ROM
    4.2 Stock

I did notice that it's been adding duplicate numbers. It's really damn annoying.
    "If you're going to kill the animal it seems only polite to use the whole thing." -Fergus Henderson

I bet that lady yelled at you and told you to stop wasting her txts
    HTC Shooter

Stalk Me

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

IDK about other devices, but my HTC MyTouch Slide has a Link button in the top-right of the contact list. I can choose to link different contact databases (gmail, facebook, twitter, tmo, and phone).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Cubanjinx View Post
    I bet that lady yelled at you and told you to stop wasting her txts
    @cubanjinx Haha, you would know since you were on the other line, and @exiii, I can also unlink the contact but the thing is I don't realize the number's been replaced until I call the wrong one; that's the annoying part

just turn of the sync for facebook for android, it will stop it then. i just removed it from the sync list.