Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts

Default Calendar 'create event' alternatives?

I am ok using the default calendar for now until a really decent calendar app is made, probably my biggest gripe for now though is the 'create event' functionality. Is there a widget or something that would give more robust date entry options, like a proper date picker? Being able to look at a monthly calendar and choose a date in the future would be so much better than figuring out what day of the week 'September 28th' etc would be on my own. Thanks in advance.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts

I think I may just need to adjust my workflow, like don't go straight to 'create' an appointment but go to the moth view, select the date there, then create. This probably is as elegant as anything I'm likely to find. Why Google? Why can't you make a decent calendar application? Why don't we have a 'quick add' feature like the web client?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts

I don't like Jorte.
    Boz

Gemini calendar. I use the add event from Gemini, the agenda widget 3x4, and stock weekly view to manage my calendar. While it seems annoying, each offers specific features I enjoy, and the Gemini add event shortcut is great.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts

I tried that earlier today, and one thing it has (besides being ugly as hell) is you can create events that repeat say every M-W-F, I don't know of any of the others that do this. I uninstalled (because it is so ugly and clunky) but maybe I'll reinstall. What is the 'add event' shortcut? I really wish they would de-skin that UI and just give it a simple clean look, and remove all the wasted space in the dialogs. It is ugly ugly ugly and this does affect its usability.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

You prbly already know this but you can text new entries to your Google Calendar. I made a Contact named Calendar and send the entries from Handcent. I can't see anything being faster but your specific needs may be more detailed than mine.