Using multiple Weather Bug widgets?

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I changed something up and instead of using the one WBE 4x1 widget and I am now using three total, 1 2x1 with my home city and two 1x1 with frequently visited areas, so it still uses 4x1 spaces on my homescreen. We have 'micro-climates' and it can literally be 20 degrees different within 20 miles, so this really means more to me than know what the weather will be like in three days. Anyhow, does anyone have any thoughts on this, will it eat my battery up? I haven't noticed that but it has been one day. Everything seems ok.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I just tried this with Snowstorm too and that seems to get much more appealing visual results, and quicker (but less detailed) detailed forecasts. I rarely need the amount of info from Weatherbug. Does anyone have much experience with multiple Snowstorm widgets?

bbrosius

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I work for WeatherBug just wanted to let you know that using multiple widgets will use no more battery than simply using one widget.

nexxtime

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
@bbrosius

I use multiple 1x1 weatherbug widgets for different cities. I notice some very strange behavior sometimes which is very frustrating and difficult to understand. Here's what happens:
- I set up the 4 widgets with 4 separate cities
- One day, 2 or more of the widgets will suddenly be showing the same city
- If I go into settings to change it back, unpredictable things happen.. sometimes all of the widgets start showing the same city, some times it does not update the city, some times other widgets will change their city as well as the one I am changing

This is very frustrating behavior that drives me up the wall. Any thoughts as to what's going on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty