Gmail labels notification?

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to be notified when a connected POP account receives a new email. As things are right now, the Gmail app only notifies me when stuff is sent to my Gmail, not my connected Live accounts. Help?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to be notified when a connected POP account receives a new email. As things are right now, the Gmail app only notifies me when stuff is sent to my Gmail, not my connected Live accounts. Help?

What launcher do you use? If you use launcher pro you can actually set it to monitor a gmail label, so if you label your live emails you'll be all set.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I use stock Sense, so I guess that's a no-go. xD I just can't believe there's no support for this in the standard client.

Pulster

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
They only monitor the inbox of the GMail account.

With Gmail Label Notifier if I get an email into my Hullomail folder (there is a rule on my GMail account to move those emails direct into my Hullomail folder without them going into my GMail inbox) I get a visual & audio notification and widget count. You can have different notifications per label monitored & different colours.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
What launcher do you use? If you use launcher pro you can actually set it to monitor a gmail label, so if you label your live emails you'll be all set.
Okay, so now I am using LauncherPro and I'm quite happy with it. Could you tell me how to set LP up to monitor my labels?

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so now I am using LauncherPro and I'm quite happy with it. Could you tell me how to set LP up to monitor my labels?

i'd like to know as well, i havent found an option to be able to notify on specific labels yet. just show a general count for gmail.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
i'd like to know as well, i havent found an option to be able to notify on specific labels yet. just show a general count for gmail.
Yeah, would be quite handy since I've stopped using the stock mail app completely in favour of Gmail's POP fetching functionality. Being alerted when there's actually something new would just be, uhh... basic functionality, really.