Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tip - How to update installed apps

Go into market - menu key - downloads - apps should say update available (or installed if no update available)

Got to hand it to the developers. I check this daily and it seems like there is an update available almost all of the time.

Droid.
    Thanked by:
    braj 

Or download aTrackDog, tells you when there are updates available. Its nice.
    Roy Aguilera

Or you an let the phone check on its own. It will tell you that there is an update without you searching for it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by DA6 View Post
    Or you an let the phone check on its own. It will tell you that there is an update without you searching for it.
    I never received anything. Must not have that setting on. Where is it?
    Roy Aguilera

I don't think there is a setting for it. The phone just notifies me via the top banner.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by DA6 View Post
    I don't think there is a setting for it. The phone just notifies me via the top banner.
    For what apps?

Ones that I did not receive for are:

twidroid for twitter
    cnn mobile web
    My Verizon
    Last.fm
    Streamfurious
    WeatherBug

Among others - I can't stop d/l apps.

Droid.
    Roy Aguilera

I have gotten them for most. I think the phone checks when you use the store.

Quote Originally Posted by plifebryan View Post
    Go into market - menu key - downloads - apps should say update available (or installed if no update available)

Got to hand it to the developers. I check this daily and it seems like there is an update available almost all of the time.

Droid.
    great,,,,I was promoted today to install 7 updates but I was driving in the car !!!! When I got home the updates notifications were gone.....This Post stopped me from asking the same questions...THANKS !!!!!!!