Calendar widget that allows you to choose what calendar app it opens?

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there any calendar widgets that let you specify what app is launched when you click it? I am using Gemini calendar and its widget is not so good, and hoping something else will let you set what gets launched when you click on it. The info displayed would still be coming from the default db so that doesn't seem important. It doesn't need more interaction than launching Gemini IMO. Any suggestions?

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that Pure Calendar allows this. Been awhile since I've used it though, so I'm not completely sure. Download it and see.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
WTF? why not just click on the icon of the app you want to open?

IMO best calendar app is Jorte.

good luck.

Jorte sucks balls, sorry. It really really does IMO.

Why does anyone want a calendar widget? Why does Jorte have a Calendar widget? Geez. WTF? Thanks for being sooooo helpful.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Diggity I am trying that out now.

Pure Calendar does do this :) so I'm playing with it and will keep it is all goes well. Thanks for your helpful suggestion.

Last edited:

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so this is what I'm finding: I really like Pure Calendar, but it still launches the default calendar when clicking an event, which actually is OK because Gemini is ugly, and I have it set up so if I tap the top of the widget Gemini is launched, so that is an ok compromise. At least I can get to Gemini from the widget which is most of the point, I only need Gemini to get decent Calendar functionality like reasonable repeating event options etc anyhow. I have LauncherPro so can happily scroll the widget, and I like this 100x better than the LauncherPro calendar widget.

Sinamn2224

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful widgets let's you choose the app to open when you click in the date part if it. It also let's you choose the weather app when you click on the weather and also the time....3 apps in one widget, that you choose. Pretty nifty.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Beautiful Widgets is nice, just it isn't a calendar widget :) I have a love/hate relationship with it though, as it doesn't always update the time and it needs to be removed/reinserted on my homescreen.

I decided to keep Pure Calendar, it is working well, as long as I only keep 2 days viewable though, past that it takes too long to refresh for my tastes.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Which Pure calendar did you purchase? Pure Calendar widget (agenda view) or Pure Grid Calendar widget (month view)? I have Pure Grid Calendar widget and I have it set to open Jorte (not sure if I like it yet but looks better than the stalk calendar). In the settings menu under the first setting you can have it select quite a few calendars including Jorte, Gemini, Calendar Pad, etc.

I also have Beautiful widget set to open Jorte when I click the date. Again you can set this from the configure menu under advanced, it just takes a few seconds for the applications to populate once you select.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the agenda widget, and have it set to open Gemini and also have the Bautiful Home set to open Gemini as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital