Facebook Version 1.3.2

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've posted various places, but I am still having no luck in figuring out why the FacebookService on one of my EVOs returns running after a few days and then keeps the phone awake.

My wife's EVO has the latest Facebook application, and I can restart her phone and the Facebook application does not constantly run in the background. However, after a few days, it shows up in the running services and constanly keeps the phone awake. On my phone, it works fine.

I have heard of others having the constant awake issue with the latest Facebook vesion, but for others it works fine. I'm trying to figure out what could be going on, or if it is just a bug they need to work out.

BTW, it is not related to sync. She only has Facebook for HTC Sense syching, and that is set for once a day.

I appreciate any suggestions.

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression that the latest update fixed this. It was actually the prior update that had this problem.

So unfortunately I can't offer any concrete suggestion as except maybe to uninstall the updates. You can also try uninstalling the program and reinstalling it.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The latest update is working fine on my EVO, just not the wife's. On her phone, I have uninstalled the update, pulled the battery, restarted, and that left the base version. I then re-installed the latest update, which works fine for a few days. After a few days, the service stays running and the phone will not sleep.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
go into her contacts and see if there are multiple contacts for each person that she has sync with her facebook. I was having this same issue but it was because the contacts bug. what you should do is unsync facebook for HTC sense and uninstall facebook. go into contacts and make sure that the facebook contacts are no longer there. THEN setup your HTC sense, after that reinstall facebook 1.3.2.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have looked at the contacts to make sure that was not an issue. We never enabled the contacts sync with the Facebook application where it appeared in 1.3.1.

She does not have duplicate contacts, and the sync does not appear to be the issue.

wmtoandroid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just reinstalled Facebook 1.3.2 yesterday and it's still keeping my phone awake (HTC Legend). It's a shame because I like the new version, but I can't put up with a service that never quits and drains battery life like crazy.

So, I'll keep using the Touch version of their mobile site.