[APP] Call Informer by Jesta's Funhouse

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Call Informer - Caller ID Enhancement

NOTE: Jesta's Funhouse now has its own forum! http://forum.androidcentral.com/jestas-funhouse/

Call Informer shows any or all of the following on your Caller ID screen:

Nickname (0.5.3)
Company name
Job Title (0.3.1)
City and/or State
Country
Notes (0.3.2)

The information comes from your Contacts database. Call Informer does not look this information up on the Internet or in a database; rather, it only shows information you have entered in the Contacts app on your device (or in Contacts through the Gmail web interface).

You can change these aspects of the display:

Font size
Font color
Vertical position (to accommodate different screen sizes)

I wrote Call Informer because Android shows only the name and number when I get a call. I take Tech Support calls with my Droid at work, and it is beneficial to know which John or Barry is calling from what company. Unfortunately, Android does not show this information. I have used company logos as contact pictures to get around this in the past, but even with a company logo I still don't know which location the contact is calling from.

More details can be found on my site: http://www.jestasfunhouse.com/android. QRCode follows:

callinformer_qrcode.png

I think Call Informer will benefit many more users than just myself. Give it a try!

-- Jesta

Last edited:

itsmauitime

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Will this app tell the actual cell tower call is coming from or just the callers home location ie 770 atlanta when they are actually in denver?

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
itsmauitime,

Thanks for the question. Call Informer doesn't know anything about the caller's location. It only knows what you have previously entered into your contact's details. It is simply meant to present this additional information when you get a call, to augment the name and number.

As far as I know, there is no app that can tell you where a caller is calling *from*. Apps like WhitePages and City ID can show you where the caller's number is based though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance