WidgetLocker Lockscreen: Help Moving Widgets

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
When I add a widget in WL, I have trouble moving it to a specific place. I tap and hold then I move it where I want to have it, when I let go of the widget it goes back to the exact same place I initially moved it from. Anyone know why this happens?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This could be a few things, but I'll point out the major areas to correct this.

1. Grid Size (this will determine where you can put widgets at and how much space they take up). This is set in the Layout settings (menu -> settings -> Look & Feel -> Layout)
  2. Overlap (will let you place widgets on top of widgets - this is helpful if you have a widget that takes up 4x2 but the observable graphic is only like 3.5x1.5 (or something that will leave invisible space around the widget). You can set this in Widget Locker's Advanced Settings (menu -> settings -> Advanced -> Widget Overlap.
  3. By default, you can't put widgets into the bottom half of the screen where the sliders out. This can also be changed in the Layout settings

Playing around with the above settings (and others) will let you pretty much do anything you want. Here's a screenshot of the Layout settings. You can set the grid size here, and if (on the left picture) you drag down the up/down arrow, you tell it to place widgets in the bottom section as well.
Screenshot_2013-09-05-09-34-05.png

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying. I know about grid size and I already have widget overlap enabled so I'm not sure what's wrong. I'll keep on trying.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok I figured it out. I had grid size set to 12 by 11. I changed it to 12 by 12 and I was able to place the widget in the corner. So just like you said :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow