Facebook Picture Sync in Phone Book

groundkontrol

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I searched the forums before writing this post but I couldn't find my exact answer.

My Droid Incredible is arriving on Tuesday from Verizon (hopefully it'll have Froyo :cool:). Anyway, I want to sync all my phone contacts with their Facebook pictures so that when they call their Facebook pictures come up. However, I don't want to move all 600 of my Facebook friends into my Phonebook (that would be a disaster!). I heard about this happening to some people and I really want to avoid it. Can someone explain to me how to do this?

Also, I don't want any birthdays or Facebook events added to my Calendar.

Thanks!

FuManChuu

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Tryin to dodge the good ol' Pre hell eh.

The native facebook app "Facebook for Android" allows "Sync Nothing", "Sync all friends", and "Sync with existing"

The third should be what you are after

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Even better, you're getting a phone with HTC Sense (AFAIK) - which means, Facebook for HTC Sense is there from the start, and syncs much more than just facebook pics with your contacts.

Right in the contacts app, you can view updates, pics, events, from your contacts that are on Facebook (and Twitter). Pretty damn convenient if you ask me!

Patrix.

groundkontrol

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Even better, you're getting a phone with HTC Sense (AFAIK) - which means, Facebook for HTC Sense is there from the start, and syncs much more than just facebook pics with your contacts.

Right in the contacts app, you can view updates, pics, events, from your contacts that are on Facebook (and Twitter). Pretty damn convenient if you ask me!

Patrix.

I'm installing LauncherPro as soon as I get my phone. Will I still be able to do this? If not, is there another program that will sync status updates, pics, etc. for my CURRENT contacts (I don't want to move all 600 of my Facebook friends into my address book)?

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm installing LauncherPro as soon as I get my phone. Will I still be able to do this? If not, is there another program that will sync status updates, pics, etc. for my CURRENT contacts (I don't want to move all 600 of my Facebook friends into my address book)?

I just installed LauncherPro Plus to see, and even the People widget from LPP shows up the Facebook photo of my contacts. As for the contacts app (People), whether you use Sense or LPP, it's the same Contacts app so it won't matter - they'll sync data with Facebook using Facebook for HTC Sense.

At worst, it might be unable to detect that a few contacts are already in your address book, and you'll get two "John Smith" - one is your google contact, the other your Facebook contact. THen you tap on one, and see a (1) icon on the top right above a broken chain icon. Tap that and you can link both John Smiths together, and voil?, you got all their info together in one contact.

Patrix

FuManChuu

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure when you use the Sense facebook integration, it goes balls deep on your friends list... and brings everything with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2