security camera app ?

nick96ss

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
just wondering if there is an app out there to view my home security camera's from my phone . someone was telling me that internet explorer was the only way (windows based phones), thought that didn't seem right . thanks

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, if you can get to it from the internet, you should be able to get to it on your phone. Not sure what video format it would be or anything though (if it would be supported)

Not sure about apps, but have you tried just using the browser?

nick96ss

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
nothing is installed as of yet , the security guy kept telling me i need internet explorer to view the live video . just doesn't sound right

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not aware of any apps for Android yet, only the iPhone, Symbian, and WinMo.

Any of the DVRs I've seen use ActiveX to display the cameras via a browser. This is where he's telling you that you need Internet Explorer.

Hopefully the programmers across the pond will start writing Android apps. It's a great selling point that a customer can check their cameras from their phones, but as Symbian is non existent here, WinMo is pretty sparse, we've only been able to sell that as a feature to iPhone users.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Try IP CAM VIEWER. It has a large array of covered cameras, and I'm ssure that you won't need Internet Explorer on the DX.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
just wondering if there is an app out there to view my home security camera's from my phone . someone was telling me that internet explorer was the only way (windows based phones), thought that didn't seem right . thanks

One afterthought regarding IE. On some cameras, such as the Trendnet IP-422W that I use, you do need the IE browser to view the camera on your PC, and to do the Setup on it, but not for the viewer on your Android.