Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook App

Has anyone had any problems with the Facebook app not showing the number of comments on the newsfeed. For some reason it shows when people like someones status but not all the time when people leave comments. Have clicked on people's statuses before that said they had 0 coments on the newsfeed but then if you click on the item the comments appear.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

I've noticed that but the Android Facebook app is pretty bad across the board. Hopefully it gets improved.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

guy get bloo, its the best facebook app on the market

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Default Diggin' Bloo!

Great facebook app.

Default Bloo Facebook Notifications!!!

I heard if I download the Program Bloo, and use it for facebook...I will get facebook notifications through it. Is this true? Can anyone confirm?

yes sir, that is true
    ;0

Thanks for the info. Bloo is a Really Good App.

WWWebb

I hope the developers are working on updating the Facebook app. Bloo is very nice but you can't send messages. I use the mobile browser instead. As popular as Facebook is you would think that an app although all the features would be available.

Yes you will get notifications. I believe you set up how often it updates.

Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    Looks great.
    Shame there isn't an app out there that can offer BBM for non BB users.
    Gtalk is the closest thing we have to that.

Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    Looks great.
    Shame there isn't an app out there that can offer BBM for non BB users.
    GTalk does the same thing. All Android users have a Gmail account on the phone

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Overall the actual FB has def been disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post
    GTalk does the same thing. All Android users have a Gmail account on the phone
    it almost does the same thing. in some ways it does more, and in some ways it does less.

it would be nice if someone could develop a bbm app, wasn't the bb os being ported recently onto non blackberry phones? i could have sworn i read something about it a while ago and then never heard about it again...

I have downloaded Bloo but haven't used it yet. I was a bit hesitant to enter my username and password for the authentication code it says it needs, but I assume from all the good things I read here about it that it's legit so I I'll give it a shot. I agree that the Droid app for FB is next to worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    it almost does the same thing. in some ways it does more, and in some ways it does less.

it would be nice if someone could develop a bbm app, wasn't the bb os being ported recently onto non blackberry phones? i could have sworn i read something about it a while ago and then never heard about it again...
    How does it do more or less?

I just activated it on my Eris last night and prefer it much more over the stock Facebook app. I don't see any way that it does less, but it certainly does more -- you get notifications, you can see the whole news feed, view your photo gallery better, etc. So far so good!

I just use the Mobile web site, works well enough.