Looking for photo app that applies a GRID OVERLAY

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I cannot find one myself.

I want to be able to take a photo and apply a grid overlay. Of course, I would be able to save this version of the photo. Ideally, I could specify the number of rows and columns.
If you wonder why this would be of use, it is great for people who are making a drawing or painting from a photo and need the grid assistance (old school art technique that works).

I've used sketch programs that let me do individual lines, but they are time consuming and not as accurate as desired.

Last edited:

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've only found Grid Drawing Assistant, but you can't save the photo or "share" or "edit" to it while viewing in a gallery. Also, it's kind of cumbersome to work with.

Jen Krout

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I cannot find one myself.

I want to be able to take a photo and apply a grid overlay. Of course, I would be able to save this version of the photo. Ideally, I could specify the number of rows and columns.
If you wonder why this would be of use, it is great for people who are making a drawing or painting from a photo and need the grid assistance (old school art technique that works).

I've used sketch programs that let me do individual lines, but they are time consuming and not as accurate as desired.

Holy cow!!! Has no one an answer to this question?!!!! I have looked high & low & have still come up with nothing! Please, HELP!!!

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever find something, @JenKrout?

I can look back through those I tested and see if one up them with updates works accordingly. I think I found something. I haven't used it in a long time, so I cannot name it right now. Let me know if you want more info.