rShopping

RayDar Connected

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I am the author of rShopping. I think I know a thing or two about it. ;)

I will be happy to offer some help. What's on your mind?

BTW, you can follow me on twitter @rShopping.

RayDar Connected

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
rShopping List checkout

In order to use the checkout, you must be using a basket and have items in the basket.

• Go into Settings->Item Settings and make sure that Item Basket is checked
  • Leave Settings and tap a store to bring up a list of items.
  • Tap the icons to the left of some items until you have items in the basket.
  • Use the Menu->Checkout

shah.ref

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: rShopping List checkout

Hi RayDar,

Upon attempting to install rShopping to my IDEOS, I am told it is incompatible. May I know why?

Thanx & Rgds,
Shah

RayDar Connected

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
The small screen resolution of the Huawei U8150 IDEOS is probably why it is incompatible with rShopping. I am working to support more screen sizes. Making a quality usable app on the smaller screens is extra challenging.

Thanks for your interest in rShopping List.

shah.ref

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi RayDar,

Thanx for your prompt reply. Yeah, I bought the already-low-end IDEOS on offer to try out Android software to see if meets my needs for eventual Palm replacement.

I had also encountered AnCal that appears to show truncated screens. Based on what I could see, it seems promising. So I hope I can also test out rShopping to see if it meets my needs.

Thanx & Rgds,
Shah

Oreps

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
RayDar - Have you made available a "how to" user manual? I like what I've seen in 15 minutes but would like to move forward with some education.

RayDar Connected

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: rShopping List

No. I haven't made an rShopping List "How To" manual (yet).

Recently, I added some popups that point out some features which may be less than obvious.

One thing that may help is in the settings area. If you pull up the "Item Action Bar" and "Store/Label Action Bar" settings screen, the buttons that are displayed in the upper right are described.

I am glad to help with any specific issue you may have.

Thanks for checking out my app.

Styv

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: rShopping List

RayDar, coming from HandyShopper and having tried other apps I did not like UNTIL I found yours! I am now happy after a shopping round yesterday morning. Thanks!

Just one question about battery usage: Yesterday evening I was down to 15% (normally I am at 55% by that time. Checking battery usage rShopping was at the top of the list with almost 2 hours of CPU time!!! Do we have to kill it when shopping is over? I have an unlocked Galaxy Note II running 4.1.2.

RayDar Connected

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Styv, I am very glad that rShopping List (Google Play Link) worked better for you than the others you tried. :)

You do not have to kill rShopping List. It has no background processes and if you are not interacting with it, it is idle. It was originally written for the first commercial Android phone (the G1), which had very little memory and an inadequate battery. Every care has been taken to ensure that rShopping List uses as few resources as possible.

I know that when I get a shiny new app, I play with it intensively for a while. Perhaps you were having so much fun setting up your lists and configuring rShopping List just the way you like it (not to mention your shopping round) that rShopping List became your number one consumer of power.

I suspect now that you have it all setup, you will see the battery usage drop off substantially. If that doesn't happen, please let me know. You can reach me quickly through the private community for rShopping List users on Google Plus. I use it almost everyday for shopping and it is usually near the bottom of my battery statistics.

In the meantime, I hope rShopping List makes your shopping more organized, faster, and just plain better.

Thanks for your support.

jpalsu

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Raydar.

I use your great Rshop.

But after the last update,
Rshop is blocked.

where is located my RShop DB
so i can save it and reinstall RShop.

Thanks for your help

RayDar Connected

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: rShopping Grocery List

I am sorry to hear that rShopping List won't launch. Could you please tap Report when the block happens so that I can figure out what went wrong?

The databases are stored on internal memory and can only be accessed on a device that has been rooted. However, if you have the 'backup my data' option enabled on your device, the databases should automatically be restored from the cloud when you re-install. Furthermore, there is a Backup option on the main screen of rShopping List. If you used that, then you can also restore after a re-install through that method.

MissGael

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a new phone, Motorola Moto X (2nd gen.), to replace a Motorola Electrify 2. I would really like to transfer my rShopping List data from the old phone to the new one but can't figure out how. Does anyone know how to do this?