Google Hangouts sound setting?

optimizt

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Galaxy S4 on Verizon. The last update forced an "upgrade" from Talk to Hangouts. We use chat/Talk/Hangouts for work, so I can't change services.

While I'm in the app, I don't get notifications of new messages. So, for example, if I'm typing and so my keyboard is blocking most of the feed, I don't hear that the other person has typed/sent something. I have to close the keyboard down and look to see if, maybe, they said something while I was typing. This is contrary to any other messaging service.

I'm wondering if there's a setting to make it give me notification while I'm in the app?

Also, totally annoyed about the state of emoticons in Hangouts. But that's another thread...

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If you go into Hangouts and hit the menu and select settings there is a checkbox for notifications as well as the option to change the notification ringtone.

optimizt

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've experimented with that setting. It only changes whether I get a notification/what the notification sounds like if I am out of the app (like my phone's screen is turned off or I have a different app on the screen at the time). If I'm in the Hangouts app, I don't get a notification sound.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan