Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Airdroid failing to connect with phone

This is driving me barmy. I use the AirDroid desktop in Chrome on my iMac, which has the latest OS, and the app on my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505. I keep getting the 'failed to connect' message, both with the web.airdroid.com method and using the recommended IP address. I have tried the obvious steps such as making sure the phone and iMac are on the same wifi and have tried the troubleshooting recommendations.

This feels like it may be something basic. If I uninstall the app from my phone, then re-install, it works. If I try to sign out on the phone, it rejects my password, even though it is the same password I just signed in with.

Any help much appreciated.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Re: Airdroid failing to connect with phone

Try using the first AirDriod App rather than the current one featured in GOogle Play, there seems to be some issues with the current one on Play store :/
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Airdroid failing to connect with phone

Thx. How do I find the first one? I would be pleased to know that there was an issue with the app, because I have been racking my brains to think what I may be doing wrong!