Play Music using one Album Art cover for all songs - need help

Jack Watson

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I've just transferred a bunch of loose music files from my laptop to my nexus 5, into the music folder. Now when I go to view/play them using the Play Music app, the cover art for the first mp3 in the list is being used for all the music files. I've deleted all and tried again, but the same thing happened. It's like it ignores all the album art after the first file has been copied.

Is this an organisation issue on my end, or a bug, or what?

Thanks for any light you can shed on the situation.

Thanks

Jack

HiteshMadnani

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Exactly the same thing is happening with my nexus 5 as jack described. The songs which have their own album art are showing perfectly but the ones that don't have, are using the album art of the first song i copied from my laptop to music folder. This is very annoying. Please help!

Thanks!

Craig E Smith

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
This is a "feature" in Android that has existed from day one. It assumes, wrongly, that music will be arranged in folders by album, and that each album with have one, and only one, piece of artwork for the album, instead of assuming, AS IT SHOULD, that if an mp3 has an imbedded piece of artwork, that it should use that. No, it just continues to play all songs with the first piece of album art it finds.

Craig E Smith

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
If you have imbedded album art into the mp3 (not sure if most ripping programs do this or not) MortPlayer will show the imbedded album art rather than assuming that every song in a folder have the same artwork.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX