Facebook App Clarification

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I did some searching but I just want clarification and I know this is the place to get it :p

Facebook app on the market...does it or does it NOT migrate all your facebook contacts into your address book.

I am using a Droid X.

I don't like it when it does that, so before I install the market app I just want to make sure it does not do this.

Thanks!

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
In the Facebook app itself, under Settings, you can choose to tell it to only Sync Existing Contacts. This is true even in the newest version.

dgs2000

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I did some searching but I just want clarification and I know this is the place to get it :p

Facebook app on the market...does it or does it NOT migrate all your facebook contacts into your address book.

I am using a Droid X.

I don't like it when it does that, so before I install the market app I just want to make sure it does not do this.

Thanks!

Beware. While the other replies are correct that the FB apps allows you to choose the level of syncing, it doesn't work properly with the Droid X (at least on 2.1)

drathos

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Beware. While the other replies are correct that the FB apps allows you to choose the level of syncing, it doesn't work properly with the Droid X (at least on 2.1)

It doesn't work in 2.2 (Droid 2), either. It adds a second "Facebook" icon to the account setup menu (the first is Motorola's version that adds them all without any choice), but it doesn't do anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance