Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Parental Control and Tracking Apps

Is there a consensus "best" parental control and child tracking app available for Android?

I'm really more interested in something that follows a one time purchasing model versus a monthly or yearly subscription model. Although if the subscription model apps are better, I will consider those as well.

I'm looking for something that I can use to track the location of the phone as well as monitor phone calls and text messaging. The kids will have their own phone, so I'm looking for something that we can install on their phones to monitor their activity.

I have looked at Funamo, it seems to do most of what I want, but the interface is a bit kludgy.

Is there any app or software that any other parents like?

Default Re: Parental Control and Tracking Apps

Whichever you choose, be careful - many of these "parental control" apps are overly concerned with being sued that they send a monthly email to the phone owner, informing them that the phone is being monitored / GPS tracked, etc. As you have likely concluded, the phone owner IS the child. Hence, a savvy teen will disable the app, leave the phone off, or any other action to thwart their parent's intent.

Default Re: Parental Control and Tracking Apps

Yes there are multiple apps that can prevent your child from watching harmful content. I found MobileMinder to be great. You can block apps, websites, see who’s calling or texting your kid, know where he/she is, etc.

I have a promo code for any one interested in it which will give you 30% off after your free trial.

The code is MMPROMO