Please recommend task/reminder/note app equivalent to Awesome Note

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I've spent the last few months scouring the web and the PLAY store, testing out various apps, looking for a task/reminder/note app that's the equivalent of Awesome Note, and I have thus far been unable to find one. Although Awesome Note is available on Android, it is limited to Galaxy Note 8 only and not available on other Android devices.

The features that Awesome Note has and are often missing from the task/reminder/note apps are:

-Repeat tasks on specific days of the week, instead of only limited to weekly repeats.
-Have the task's due time also show up in the overview list, instead of only the due date.
-Can customize and arrange the various category folders by color and order.
-Can add sub-tasks as checklists inside of each main task.
-Allows notes inside of task so you can write more detailed descriptions.
-Can customize the background of each task.
-Can sync with popular apps like Evernote, Google Drive.
-App's widget/icon shows due/overdue badge numbers. Overdue tasks show number of days overdue.
-In the tasks, you can attach images, activate cameras and take photos, and draw/write in the notes.
-Tasks can be seen in a calendar format.
-Reminder alarm can be set to go off on-time, or your choices of how long before the due time.
-You can easily move tasks between category folders, change the format of the task to anything between a regular note, a journal entry, a checklist, an anniversary reminder, etc.
-You can see the upcoming due tasks listed right on the widget.

Now, before you guys mention the "unofficial" extraction of the Note 8 version of Awesome Note that can be downloaded, let me just say that I know, and I have, and it isn't ideal, because its resolution and formatting is locked to the Note 8's screen resolution, so on a Note 3, everything is tiny and the buttons are extremely hard to operate by finger alone. I'd have to use the S Pen in order to click on some buttons properly, and that just isn't ideal when I need to use one hand-operation while out and about. I'd much better have an app that can be operated normally.

So please, if you guys know any task/reminder/note apps that can do everything Awesome Note can do (or at least the ones I highlighted in red), please let me know. And just to clarfify, I've already tested these following apps:

Wunderlist
Remember The Milk
Springpad
OneNote
Evernote
Wrike
GNotes
Task List
n'4get Reminder
reMind Alarm Clock
Alarm Clock Plus
Col Reminder
Google Calender
GTasks
Life Reminders

All of them were missing at least one critical feature that Awesome Note has.

jc256

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd REALLY like to find something like this as well. Awesome Note seems like the perfect solution but...doesn't work very well.

Did you ever find anything? I've also been trying a bunch of different apps, included all the ones on your list, without much success.

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
What I ended up doing, was using a combination of apps to replace Awesome Note. These are what I'm uisng:

Business Calendar
Business Tasks (can be used as add-on for Business Calendar or by itself)
GNotes

It's not as elegant as having the all-in-one solution that is Awesome Note, but the upside is that the widgets for Business Calendar/Tasks are much more useful than the widgets for Awesome Note

jc256

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the reply. I will give that a shot. I've just installed Business Calendar and wanted to ask you...what advantages do you feel it offers over S Planner / the standard Samsung calendar?

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the reply. I will give that a shot. I've just installed Business Calendar and wanted to ask you...what advantages do you feel it offers over S Planner / the standard Samsung calendar?

I actually have a comparison chart showing the differences in features between all the similar apps I tried, so I can easily answer that question. :)

Business Calendar (with the free Business Tasks add-on) has these features that the Samsung Calendar don't have (I never used S Planner--that's was rolled into the Samsung Calendar in Note 3, right?):

-Ability to move events/tasks between categories
-Ability to pick exactly which days of the week to repeat reminders
-Ability to attach media to events/tasks
-Ability to create sub-tasks
-More interaction with the widget, and more customization options
-Ability to change themes and customize colors

NadjaOlaciregui

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
ok thanks, still on the combination Business Calendar, Business Tasks, GNotes ?
I'm triying a combination evernote + remember the milk but I don't have the content of my "awesome note" tasks/note in remember the milk, just a link to evernote

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Business Calendar/Tasks + GNotes for me is far superior to Remember the Milk + Evernote. I have tried to warm up to both a few times over the years and I never could--they just don't have the features I need, or have the ergonomics I prefer.

Len Villasenor

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
By combining two or three applications available currently on Android, one can get a very similar visual and functional features.
For ToDo functionality, I prefer to use 2DO. It looks like a notebook folder with tabs and it provides messages to the notifications. I use repeat daily functions to remind me to take blood pressure medicine in the morning. For Calendar functionality, Jorte provides every possible modification you could hope for to theme this to your needs. It also has great options for themed widgets. For the notes, I like to handwrite myself and dictate, but I use a handwriting converter when needed and place my dictations and writing conversions into Groovy Notes. Groovy Notes looks similar to ANote and you can configure it. It also allows you to attach images, but they are on a separate page from your typed note, which is the only drawback of this program.
Visually, try GroovyNotes XLabz Technologies Pvt Ltd. groovynote.jpgawesomeNote.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair